Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

I must confess that I've never considered buying a pressure canner because I can't imagine what I could possibly use canned meat for. :lau

We don't eat soup much (and never in warm weather), arroz con pollo isn't on our low-carb diet, and I have to think that chicken salad made from meat canned in broth would be soggy.

I had the discussion once with a person who got really offended when I responded to the statement "You can use it anyway you'd use store canned chicken" by explaining that I've never bought a can of chicken in my life and don't know what to do with that either. 🤣

(Though I'd probably be more willing to drain that down the sink than if I knew it was my own chicken stock).

I must confess that I've never considered buying a pressure canner because I can't imagine what I could possibly use canned meat for. :lau

We don't eat soup much (and never in warm weather), arroz con pollo isn't on our low-carb diet, and I have to think that chicken salad made from meat canned in broth would be soggy.

I had the discussion once with a person who got really offended when I responded to the statement "You can use it anyway you'd use store canned chicken" by explaining that I've never bought a can of chicken in my life and don't know what to do with that either. 🤣

(Though I'd probably be more willing to drain that down the sink than if I knew it was my own chicken stock).
Drain the juice for broth ;) the canned chicken works for Pozole really well though.

Drain the juice for broth ;) the canned chicken works for Pozole really well though.

I don't use much broth since we only eat soup a couple times a month in cold weather -- which I don't have much of.

I still think the chicken salad would be awfully wet compared to chicken salad made from chicken picked off a roast.

Back
Top Bottom