Making the coop/run area pretty - show me what you’ve done

in the winter i string up lights on the run.
I put up a plain white rope light in the run about mid-November. It gets kind of dreary and gloomy in the winter here. I don't want my chickens to get depressed. Maybe this year, I'll get some colored ones too...?

The light is only on when they're out and about. It's not to try to make them lay later into the winter months.

In the fall, I rake up lots of leaves and dump them in the run. They love to scratch through those!

I put up a plain white rope light in the run about mid-November. It gets kind of dreary and gloomy in the winter here. I don't want my chickens to get depressed. Maybe this year, I'll get some colored ones too...?

The light is only on when they're out and about. It's not to try to make them lay later into the winter months.

In the fall, I rake up lots of leaves and dump them in the run. They love to scratch through those!
We do our whole house with Christmas lights that play the sound of music!
I dont want mine to have extra light in the winter so i dont turn them on till they go to bed.

IMG_2085.jpeg

I do hanging planters on corners like this- these are my sweet alyssums. I like to pick out the bee’s favorites. This way the area is prettier, the birds love the scent, and I help out our pollinator friends. I also do window coconut planters on the coop to make it more homey.

Back
Top Bottom