Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Nekhebet

Soooo sorry to hear about your babies!
sad.png

Juliette

Thanks, Juliette
I *think* everyone is out of the woods right now, but it was touch and go for a few there. They were literally on their sides, necks slung back, gasping for air, it was so sad, I was convinced no one would make it. Now that everyone is ok, I will be placing more silkie eggs in the bator, and hopefully I now know where my hatch problems lie. I don't think I'll get more serama eggs for awhile though =/

Quick question. I was looking at a serama roo today at an auction that was one of the nicest I have seen around here and the lady said it came from "Sam in Pensylvania". Could someone please tell me who that is?

I had tried to hatch some from bluegrass seramas and only 2 developed out of 18 thanks to the stupid post offic. Those two did not survive to hatch (died around day 17)

Why oh Why are all the nice seramas not available around here...

I would have bought the one roo at the auction but thought the reserve was too high considering I don't have a good hen to go with it and I am not experienced enough to trust my instincts on quality. It did have nicer wings and a shorter back than my crele roo.

I have great success with my little seramas hatching I use the octagon 20.My little group of 8 from bluegrass are really looking nice.My 6 from Dipsey Doodle are super cute,the roo who is the nicest out of the bunch is really looking good,I think.He is a barred wheaten I really enjoy my babies.They may not be show material but I continue to read and learn and enjoy them just the same.

Quote:
Sam Traten, former SCNA president, lives in PA.....

I agree! I got all of my seramas from him and Mike Scahill. They are great! I actually have an auction going now with some hens they bred. They have nice birds!

Oh he was nice - real nice, there just isnt a point when i don't have a quality hen and she wasn't parting with any hens. We have a show coming up November 27th - I will look through the sale cages there then = )

Quote:
Sam Traten, former SCNA president, lives in PA.....

I agree! I got all of my seramas from him and Mike Scahill. They are great! I actually have an auction going now with some hens they bred. They have nice birds!

So how much arm-twisting would I have to do to get you to ship those seramas?
big_smile.png

I would take yours too - this lady wanted $40 just for an '09 hatch roo. If it had been a pair, I would have taken it and might have paid a bit more.

Here is the roo I currently have. He was either a December '09 hatch or Jan '10. Can't remember.

Pandchicks004.jpg

OH I love his coloring! He is very handsome!

If I can't find a local buyer I MAY consider shipping. I will let everyone know if I decide to ship, but for now I am holding out to try to find someone who will come get them.

This is the hen I have. Her comb is "wavy" and her feet are the wrong color. Her name is Princess P. We just call her P. Her husband above is Prince Charming. P. came to us as a singleton chick last Novemeber and was raised as a house bird. She is quite spoiled but does live outside now. The chicks are 4 EE's that at 4 weeks old no longer fit under her. She tries and so do they. I have a Iowa Blue rooster that is arond 9 weeks old that helps her keep them warm. He is often seen draping a wing over the babies. He is definately a keeper.

ETA picture:

Pandchicks005.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom