Man they will try to eat anything

Momto3

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Northern Idaho
Most of you have probably gotten sick of my posts.
big_smile.png
I took my chicks off sand as they were having some odd poops. Now they are on pine shavings. It is so cute when they are eating out of their dish they will scratch the pine shavings. Then they see little tiny pieces of the shavings and will eat them. Seriously?!?!?!?! They will just eat anything wont they. Now I pray they wont get sick from eating that. Blah they are going to be the death of me.
roll.png

As long as they know where their food is, a small amount of shavings is not going to hurt them. My chickens (as well as lots of others here) love styrofoam
idunno.gif
so yeah, they will eat- or try- most anything.

i had the same prob yeah they will eat anything when mine were chicks they would do the same thing and they still do, just watch out and make sure they cant eat anything that can be dangerous but i have learned that they have a pretty tough digestive system mine have eaten things like fiber glass insulation and plastic string and thread and they have all been fine (thank god!) just make sure they dont get an impacted crop from the wood shavings good luck!!!
big_smile.png

Well funny you mentioned their crops. When they stretch I can see it bulging on the right side of their necks. I pray that is normal. I touched them all and most are lil firm but nothing major, but 1 of them is pretty firm. I am hoping it goes down in time. Gonna go give them some fresh water and check them all out before bed time.

Back
Top Bottom