Mandarin Duck Eggs — Did I Get Scammed?

Well, darn… Is there any way to get my money back?

Attachments

• FEEFF35E-5B47-400B-B8BF-0F129704EA1E.jpeg
    FEEFF35E-5B47-400B-B8BF-0F129704EA1E.jpeg
    464.7 KB · Views: 15
Well, darn… Is there any way to get my money back?
If you paid using PayPal, go through PayPals customer service. PayPal will 99.9% of the time return your money. I've never had any issues with them.

eBay on the other hand usually doesn't guarantee anything, especially on 'live' sales (eggs, fish, etc).

Hope this helps! ❤️

eBay has rejected my second direct appeal after contacting them. I’ve filed an appeal with PayPal now, so hopefully they’ll resolve things for me… If not, I guess all my money is down the drain, because the seller refuses to refund me and is now ignoring me.

apparently someone else has been scammed by this same seller, and they offered to send me some of their mandarin duck eggs next season when they’re laying. this made my day :yesss:

since I’ve confirmed the seller is scamming people, their eBay name is “grandmalulu”. do not purchase any eggs from them!

Attachments

• 37625833-5CDC-4527-A84C-7637D221C0DB.jpeg
    37625833-5CDC-4527-A84C-7637D221C0DB.jpeg
    863.2 KB · Views: 15
eBay has rejected my second direct appeal after contacting them. I’ve filed an appeal with PayPal now, so hopefully they’ll resolve things for me… If not, I guess all my money is down the drain, because the seller refuses to refund me and is now ignoring me.

apparently someone else has been scammed by this same seller, and they offered to send me some of their mandarin duck eggs next season when they’re laying. this made my day :yesss:

since I’ve confirmed the seller is scamming people, their eBay name is “grandmalulu”. do not purchase any eggs from them!
I can understand their reason if the two species weren't so different. It's absolutely obvious that you were scammed. Would they have said the same thing if you ordered ostrich eggs and received bantam sized brown eggs?? Unbelievable.

I can understand their reason if the two species weren't so different. It's absolutely obvious that you were scammed. Would they have said the same thing if you ordered ostrich eggs and received bantam sized brown eggs?? Unbelievable.
Exactly how I feel. When I contacted them, I made sure to let them know it’s biologically impossible for a MANDARIN DUCK to lay brown eggs. It’s clear as day a scam. But it seems like normal people that don’t understand animals just don’t get it.

eBay has rejected my second direct appeal after contacting them.
From ebays response that you show, it looks like they might reconsider if you hatch the eggs and get the wrong species of baby bird.

I'm a bit on ebay's side right now: the seller DID send you eggs, and it's just your word against the sellers word for what kind of eggs they are. It's not as if ebay has an egg-expert on hand to sort this out!

From ebays response that you show, it looks like they might reconsider if you hatch the eggs and get the wrong species of baby bird.

I'm a bit on ebay's side right now: the seller DID send you eggs, and it's just your word against the sellers word for what kind of eggs they are. It's not as if ebay has an egg-expert on hand to sort this out!
eBay will just say that they don't know for sure that the eggs hatched were the same as the ones OP was sold. Assuming the eggs are even viable.

eBay will just say that they don't know for sure that the eggs hatched were the same as the ones OP was sold. Assuming the eggs are even viable.
I would crack one open to check if they’re viable, but I might be required to ship them back or something so I’ve been keeping them intact in my incubator.

Following to see who hatches! Out of curiosity, is there a time limit on refund requests? If so, I can see how an evil scammer mind would come up with this, as less educated sorts would just plop the eggs in the incubator and not realize their mistake for weeks! And if they are regular store bought eggs, they wouldn’t hatch (most likely), and the seller could say some crap about the buyer not using their incubator properly.

Back
Top Bottom