mangy coyote (graphic)

Primo

Songster
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Texas

Lost three chickens Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon. Both days it was sometime between 4 and 6pm. I suspected a coyote or stray dog. My pit bull was in the yard with them Wednesday when it happened. So yesterday I came home early from work,hid in the bed of my pickup and waited. Sure enough at 5:15 pm I saw him approaching my yard. He circled my yard then settled behind some cedar trees watching my flock. He approached my fence to jump over and that was all she wrote.

Wow, really mangy. Might want it checked for rabies....you don't want that.

Lost three chickens Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon. Both days it was sometime between 4 and 6pm. I suspected a coyote or stray dog. My pit bull was in the yard with them Wednesday when it happened. So yesterday I came home early from work,hid in the bed of my pickup and waited. Sure enough at 5:15 pm I saw him approaching my yard. He circled my yard then settled behind some cedar trees watching my flock. He approached my fence to jump over and that was all she wrote.

Ya, I had to lay the gun down to get my phone for the pic. Didn't want to lay on the ground. Hindsight I should have.
I wound up donning some rubber gloves placing him in a trash bag and burning him in my burn pit (gloves too)

Good work! That's a very sad looking critter, so glad he's gone. We had a similar experience here two years ago, lost ten nice hens one agternoon to a mange sick fox. He also died soon after. Watch your dog for skin issues, in case he was in contact with that coyote. Mary

Back
Top Bottom