manna pro all flock crumbles Ok?

Akachicklil

Songster
Dec 6, 2021
South Florida.
Hi,

Is manna pro All Flock crumbles complete ok to give to laying hens as their primary diet? … it says 16% complete crumble for ALL flocks.

This is the feed I started with… The thing is I don’t have ducks or any other birds.. when I first started out this was the only feed I was able to get my hands on…

So I would like to continue it if possible… manna pro has a 16% complete crumble labeled specifically for hens… but I heard switching is a process that has to be done careful and slowly… I don’t want to mess with something that the hens already enjoy if not needed. I see that manna pro makes one labeled for laying hens. See pics below.

Thanks ,

Christopher

Attachments

• B80CE360-EFB0-4E19-9EAF-F272E30E537C.png
    B80CE360-EFB0-4E19-9EAF-F272E30E537C.png
    1 MB · Views: 17
  • 9E7FA87B-19C5-4C7A-B9B1-1786CEF8D8BA.png
    9E7FA87B-19C5-4C7A-B9B1-1786CEF8D8BA.png
    940.9 KB · Views: 1
You can give either as long as you don't have any roosters. You should be supplying a container of crushed oyster shell alongside the all flock crumbles as they don't have the level necessary for laying hens.

Switching is not a terribly difficult process, just mix them towards the end of the old feed for a few days until it runs out. They aren't as delicate about feed changes as dogs or horses.

If you just have hens then it's better to switch to a layer type feed.

A lot of people choose to keep their hands on an all flock type feed and offer oyster shell supplement on the side...
A lot of these same people have birds that lay shellless eggs or similar issues.

It's best not to give your birds the option to choose whether they want to eat something on the side or not.

You can give either as long as you don't have any roosters. You should be supplying a container of crushed oyster shell alongside the all flock crumbles as they don't have the level necessary for laying hens.

Switching is not a terribly difficult process, just mix them towards the end of the old feed for a few days until it runs out. They aren't as delicate about feed changes as dogs or horses.
Thank you. Glad to hear. No Roos. Got the oysters!! 😊

Good to hear about them not being so delicate. That’s what I was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom