Manx Rumpies? Resolution are you there? Anyone?

Chickanmanfromarkansas

Songster
10 Years
Jan 18, 2010
Are these some of the same genetic make up of the Araucana, Ameraucana, and the Easter Egger?
Here's what I've found on them: From Sand Hill Preservations Catalog.

Manx Rumpies: Rumpless, variable color and comb. A very rare breed that lays colorfuls eggs and are difficult to breed. They have various comb types but small single combs are the most common. The abscence of the tail makes it a challenge to get fertile eggs. They are superb layers, but fertility rate can very low at times. This breed is not yet listed in the APA Standard. Chicks $6.00 each (5).

Resolution: Are these some of the same stock? Wouldthey be good to use and try to breed?​

I don't know much about them other than they had their beginnings in Sri Lanka - and that the Tamil sea farers carried these little Basket Bantams with them to Marquesas. North American Manx Rumpies may have become a repository for some North American Araucana culls -they only produce yellow tinted or pink tinted eggs in Persia. I think feathersite has a good article on them.

Thank you, I did find feathersite and read over it. I was just thinking on them to see if they'd fit in with my EE project.

However I don't think I am going to try mixing them in. Maybe try some to see how well they fair.

Thanks again for your reply.

Yeah, you got that from Sandhill didn't you?

REAL Manx Rumpies shouldn't lay "colorful" eggs, and far as I'm concerned, are not related to Araucanas at all.

ETA - Sorry, didn't mean to sound offensive, just meant to say that Sandhill is quite likely putting out the wrong information. Nothing against you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom