Maran Roo x Isa/Wyandotte Hen. Help sexing

gengargirl

Chirping
May 11, 2021
EDIT: Have posted more recent picture of the chicken in question in the thread. Pic i used originally for this was the only one i had where it was about 4 wks old

So I feather sexed this chick as female.

At about 4 weeks of age the comb started developing and i suspected it to be a boy, although it was very behind the other two roos if so.

Now it’s currently 8 weeks old, it’s tail feathers appear to point upwards, it runs away if the roos try to fight with it (whereas the other two will fight), but the only thing is that it’s comb is a pink now just not as big as the roos.

I’m so confused. Could this be a pullet? Is there any other way i can tell
0A806235-D340-4C32-B63B-EC9D63A331CD.png

Last edited:

At about 4 weeks of age the comb started developing and i suspected it to be a boy, although it was very behind the other two roos if so.

Now it’s currently 8 weeks old, it’s tail feathers appear to point upwards, it runs away if the roos try to fight with it (whereas the other two will fight), but the only thing is that it’s comb is a pink now just not as big as the roos.

I’m so confused. Could this be a pullet? Is there any other way i can tellView attachment 3051641
Can you get a pic close up of the head? But from the way it's standing it looks like a cockerel.

I’m so confused. Could this be a pullet? Is there any other way i can tellView attachment 3051641
At 8 weeks, it looks to be a cockerel

Back
Top Bottom