Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chickndaddy, I thought it might be an extremely copper blue copper... but now I'm looking at those wing feathers and how they compare to the wheaten girls.. The shaft on the feathers is highlighted by a light line on all three..
amazondoc, the only one left that's still a mystery is the blue based one I posted the two pics of last night.. I can try to get more photos today if I get a chance.. Is there anything I should focus on that would help in identifying his/her color?

Thanks!

Just had to let ya all know My Golden Cuckoo eggs are Pippin and zippin
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

And The Millie Fleurs are pippin too
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
love.gif

Thanks tfpets
woot.gif

I'm so eggcited
wee.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Snapped some quick shots of my babies today not great pics but just thought i'd show my cuties
big_smile.png

marflock.jpg

Boot-2.jpg

onthespots cuties are gorwing well still fuzzy with wings I'll take pictures when they get more feathers in they are just sweeties! I open up the brooder and out they come wanting to see what I have
lau.gif

Lost 2 chicks this week...one in the brooder soon after a perfect hatch and the other just seemed like failure to thrive. This is the first time I've lost any chicks...are BC Marans more fragile? I'm sad but know it's the cycle of life...hubby held "Sticky" until she took her last breath. No hard breathing, just wouldn't eat unless I fed her vitamins and water from a dropper.
sad.png

But I have 5 wonderful fuzzy butts and I will focus on them.
big_smile.png

O.K. guys I could use some help! I hatched this cockerel from Blue Copper eggs. Could it be Blue Birchen? Seems to me their are alot of recessive genes in the Marans breeds. I've even come out with a Wheaten from Cuckoo eggs. Seems to me there has been alot of intermingling in the colorations. No set guarantee of what you could possibly come out with. Which gives me the idea it could be a while before the Marans breed is perfected. Just a thought.

14716_marans_and_coop_008.jpg
[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom