Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
young wheaten marans from bev davis
20346_mvc00160.jpg

Quote:
At 6 to 8 weeks you SHOULD be able to tell if you have any cockerels. The combs on the BCM cockerels are very prominant at a young age. Show us a pic and we will try to tell you
wink.png

Chef

Quote:
Hmmm. My cockerels have little pink combs at one week and they are much more prominent than the pullets. The pullets combs also have no color at all, or a grayish yellow as opposed to pink.

Quote:
Beautiful basket!!! Must be Great it is way too hot in Fl to grow berries..
hit.gif

Guess I will have to wait till next summer in NC..And man do those thorns hurt it's almost as BAD as being stung...We planted raspberries and blue berries this year cant wait till next year to go picking...What a GREAT find grapes..
woot.gif

Quote:
Yay then she's a girl! No comb really at this point. Hoorah, for once I have a singleton hatch that turns out pullet. Do the dance of joy! This is my SOLE survivor from the second disaster hatch - the one with the 134 degree temp spike! Yay...
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Quote:
Yay then she's a girl! No comb really at this point. Hoorah, for once I have a singleton hatch that turns out pullet. Do the dance of joy! This is my SOLE survivor from the second disaster hatch - the one with the 134 degree temp spike! Yay...
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

I'll do the happy dance w/ ya on that one!! It's a girl!
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif

Why are my blue roos turning gold?
You can see in the one in the back some coppery gold color on the wings. The one in front has some gold to the hackles in this picture, it has since gotten more pronounced and is also showing up on the saddle feathers. They are 20 weeks old. The pullet does not seem to have this issue.

IMG_6358.jpg

Well, I don't have any of the Blues, Copper Blue or Splash varities But lots of people who post on this thread do so maybe someone can take a look and also describe how the genes for blue work.
But the simple answer would be that there are Copper Blues behind your birds somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom