March 13th 2016 Hatch-A-long

Down to 10 eggs today with 2 more days until lockdown. Had 7 clears and 1 quitter we found last night. (First time eggtopsy was kinds gross...) Anyhow, my daughter thought it was so cool when we could see a chick moving in the egg! We watched for a minute and I swear we saw the feet and everything. Very neat experience!

Down to 10 eggs today with 2 more days until lockdown. Had 7 clears and 1 quitter we found last night. (First time eggtopsy was kinds gross...) Anyhow, my daughter thought it was so cool when we could see a chick moving in the egg! We watched for a minute and I swear we saw the feet and everything. Very neat experience!
clap.gif

Our chicks are doing good. Thanks everyone for coming along for this hatch. Also everyone that still have chicks hatching. Good luck everyone.

Kevin

Yay everyone beautiful chicks
1f423.png
I just went into lockdown with 21 out of 36 eggs, so not great for local eggs. I have 3 EEs, 3 RIRs, 12 leghorns and 3 Austrolorps. I'm really excited about how much development I've been able to see with the leghorns. I decided to line up my eggs directly under the windows for the best view and I kind of fenced them in but not much, they're still free to move. So I hope for tons of awesome update pics!

Yay everyone beautiful chicks
1f423.png
I just went into lockdown with 21 out of 36 eggs, so not great for local eggs. I have 3 EEs, 3 RIRs, 12 leghorns and 3 Austrolorps. I'm really excited about how much development I've been able to see with the leghorns. I decided to line up my eggs directly under the windows for the best view and I kind of fenced them in but not much, they're still free to move. So I hope for tons of awesome update pics!
Can't wait!
pop.gif

Speaking of pics, here are some of mine. The last egg just hatched around 1am. (Happy St Patrick's Day!) I have 2 more eggs but I couldn't see an internal pip last night, so I'll be tossing them later today.
25 eggs went into lockdown & 23 chicks hatched. - 92% Most of the eggs hatched Mon-Tues, so when an egg pipped on Wed afternoon, I was very surprised. I've never had an egg hatch so late when compared to the group.

Black & Lav Orpingtons

Here are a few of the Apenzeller Spitzhauben

Unfortunately I did a poor job picking out the Biele eggs. My friend has a Biele roo with 4 Bieles & 4 Black sex Link hens. All 4 chicks I hatched are mixes. 4 more eggs were started later & should go into lockdown tomorrow. I couldn't pass up a few free eggs, so I set up a 2nd incubator. I hope that I did a better job selecting the Biele eggs with those.

The kids are very happy to have chicks again. It's so much fun to put your arm into the brooder & within seconds it's crawling with chicks.

Speaking of pics, here are some of mine. The last egg just hatched around 1am. (Happy St Patrick's Day!) I have 2 more eggs but I couldn't see an internal pip last night, so I'll be tossing them later today. 25 eggs went into lockdown & 23 chicks hatched. - 92% Most of the eggs hatched Mon-Tues, so when an egg pipped on Wed afternoon, I was very surprised. I've never had an egg hatch so late when compared to the group. Black & Lav Orpingtons Here are a few of the Apenzeller Spitzhauben [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Unfortunately I did a poor job picking out the Biele eggs. My friend has a Biele roo with 4 Bieles & 4 Black sex Link hens. All 4 chicks I hatched are mixes. 4 more eggs were started later & should go into lockdown tomorrow. I couldn't pass up a few free eggs, so I set up a 2nd incubator. I hope that I did a better job selecting the Biele eggs with those. The kids are very happy to have chicks again. It's so much fun to put your arm into the brooder & within seconds it's crawling with chicks.
Oh such beautiful pics! I can't wait. They're wiggling and making me antsy and I know nothing is happening today most likely maybe a pip tonight day 19 that's what usually happens.

So we put the bator on lock down tonight since my daughter will be at a friends and I will be at work. Culled one last egg that was fairly clear..if anything the yoke liked scrambled. No veins, no movement. Put it in a bag and threw it in the outside trash. Although I was sure it wasn't viable, I don't want to know.... So 9 eggs in the bator for lockdown, 2 tossed and 7 clears.

Back
Top Bottom