March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I'm going to read through the rest of the thread in a bit, but I just picked up some eggs to set today or tomorrow :D I've only hatched one other time, so pretty nervous! They are 8 Ayam Cemani eggs. Just trying to get a thermometer/hygrometer quick since the one I had broke.

I've never used a seperate thernometer/hydrometer, just a little mercury thermometer I slip in when I start up to check temp. They are most accurate for temp, none of that silly calibrating with ice and salt or what ever it is. And humidity is just surface area, so say you want 20% humidity, just have 20% of base with water, for 50% half covered etc. Yes, I am very old school, but its good enough and does the trick

I've never used a seperate thernometer/hydrometer, just a little mercury thermometer I slip in when I start up to check temp. They are most accurate for temp, none of that silly calibrating with ice and salt or what ever it is. And humidity is just surface area, so say you want 20% humidity, just have 20% of base with water, for 50% half covered etc. Yes, I am very old school, but its good enough and does the trick
Okay, I love this way of looking at it. Last time I hatched- I got so lost with all the calibrating and what not. I did my best, but my hatch was only 2 out of 8. I had a lot of eggs make it pretty far but only 4 were able to go into lockdown. I'm using one of those Mini Advance incubators.

I'm hatching these with my class of Kindergarteners, so I'm trying not to mess it up! 😅

I wanted to ask all of your opinions. My incubator can hold 7 eggs, but the lady gave me 8. Do I hand turn them and put all 8 in, or do I toss one and use the automatic turner?

Okay, I love this way of looking at it. Last time I hatched- I got so lost with all the calibrating and what not. I did my best, but my hatch was only 2 out of 8. I had a lot of eggs make it pretty far but only 4 were able to go into lockdown. I'm using one of those Mini Advance incubators.

I'm hatching these with my class of Kindergarteners, so I'm trying not to mess it up! 😅

I wanted to ask all of your opinions. My incubator can hold 7 eggs, but the lady gave me 8. Do I hand turn them and put all 8 in, or do I toss one and use the automatic turner?
I would put all 8 in if you can hand turn without too much trouble. If you candle at day 10 and have a clear, you can pull it and use the auto turner w the 7 you have left. If you won’t be able to turn on the weekend (if eggs are at school and you can’t get in), I would put in only 7.

If you’re looking for more work, place all 8 in the incubator. It would be much easier for you to toss one and let the automatic turning do its thing.

Good luck!

I think its better put 7 , to much holding and turning also dan Maybe demage others, but who knows.. i would put 7 eggs and open one and see if is fertile .. white spot in yolk. And if is fertile others are more likely be to

Back
Top Bottom