March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Setting this lot tonight 20220223_173755.jpg

Today i had poweroutage for 2 hours, what to do now its day 9 today
2 hours won’t hurt. Good to be prepared with hot water bottles in case the power fails for longer. In my area, if we are expecting a storm or power outage and I have eggs incubating or young chicks, I fill the water bottles and wrap in towels, just in case.
I place these around the incubator or in the brooder.
If we get an unexpected power outage, I use the gas barbecue grill to heat the water.
I did have a chick hatch last Spring during an outage.😊
If you have a neighbor or friend who is not experiencing the same power outage, have a plan to move the incubator if the outage is longer than a few hours.

2 hours won’t hurt. Good to be prepared with hot water bottles in case the power fails for longer. In my area, if we are expecting a storm or power outage and I have eggs incubating or young chicks, I fill the water bottles and wrap in towels, just in case.
I place these around the incubator or in the brooder.
If we get an unexpected power outage, I use the gas barbecue grill to heat the water.
I did have a chick hatch last Spring during an outage.😊
If you have a neighbor or friend who is not experiencing the same power outage, have a plan to move the incubator if the outage is longer than a few hours.
Thanks 🤩 all neighbors lost power too. So we just wait.. they work something on main road thats why power goes down.. i just put blanket on top off it.

We did the 7-day candling last night.

Clear signs of line in 9 with a distinct spot and spiderweb. Shadows we don't know enough to interpret in 2 more. 3 probably clear.

I left all the eggs in the incubator since nothing was cracked or stinky and I don't want to throw out a possibly good egg due to my inexperience at candling.

Back
Top Bottom