March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I usually hatch saddled aircells upright.😊
Can you post a photo?
Yes, I will get a picture of them tonight! I’ve looked at a few pictures on here and online from other saddled eggs and I think I just need a good plan for them. I have the NR 360 so I can’t keep them upright at the moment. When I take the turner out I could try the egg carton idea. Or should I do it sooner? The Polish eggs look fine, so I didn’t want to mess with them if I didn’t need to 🥴

These weren't abandoned. The owner was just irresponsible and let them roam all over the place. She locked them up after one of her dogs came home with a bullet in it.
Tried to say it was me. It wasn't me though and I won't ever say who it was.
No, they were. I think. Their fur was a mess. And now with avian flu right next to me, I hope I don't lose my flock before having a broody. Even my friend's CINNAMON QUEENS went broody .

Aloha! Just caught this thread this early morning. Read through a few pages and enjoyed the education.
@Kelsykin I am amazed at all you have going on. Incredible balancing act.
Congratulations to all.
Today is day 20 for me. Yestereve I had 3 pips out of 20. Also have 100% fertility of my Brahma and Brahma mix's. 6 months ago I had lower fertility too. Glad it is up. We shall see who did what as I had 3 boys in with the ladies (for the most part 🤦‍♀️)
20220226_063515.jpg

It tends to be the bigger batches of quail that get the popcorn hatches, I have done as small as 30 and as much as 330. The bigger the batch the more popcorn like the hatching. lol
Got it, lol. My quails are beginning laying in these days, but I plan to hatch them after I finished with chicken hatchings since they mature much more faster.

Aloha! Just caught this thread this early morning. Read through a few pages and enjoyed the education.
@Kelsykin I am amazed at all you have going on. Incredible balancing act.
Congratulations to all.
Today is day 20 for me. Yestereve I had 3 pips out of 20. Also have 100% fertility of my Brahma and Brahma mix's. 6 months ago I had lower fertility too. Glad it is up. We shall see who did what as I had 3 boys in with the ladies (for the most part 🤦‍♀️) View attachment 3005988

I am always busy. Always have 20 things going at once. Prefer it to sit idle or be bored. I try to always keep myself occupied. Just how I like things.

YAY on the pips and hatching. fingers and toes crossed you have an excellent hatch.

Well, speaking specifically to your hatches and timing the whole circus 🎪 :bow. I'd have that upside down and backwards in 2 days lol.
I'd like to PM you and pick your brain a bit if you don't mind. I picked up a used cabinet incubator and will be setting up a station in the shop in a few months :fl so flying that thing and all that it curtails has me a little excited. Thanks for any thoughts you may share.

Well, speaking specifically to your hatches and timing the whole circus 🎪 :bow. I'd have that upside down and backwards in 2 days lol.
I'd like to PM you and pick your brain a bit if you don't mind. I picked up a used cabinet incubator and will be setting up a station in the shop in a few months :fl so flying that thing and all that it curtails has me a little excited. Thanks for any thoughts you may share.
Any time. Ask away. That goes for everybody.

Okay, ask and ye shall receive @LadiesAndJane 😁

Eggs 3 and 5 look saddled. I can see movement inside but they do seem a bit less developed than eggs 10-12. I could get better pictures in total darkness, but thought this was enough?

Do saddled eggs maybe need a bit higher humidity? I have a small Janoel incubator I could set them up in by themselves if needed?

Egg 3 -

CBCACFEA-0FA4-44A4-A174-864F26990FE5.jpeg

5C4A11FA-5503-4DC1-97A5-BBC65909C182.jpeg

Egg 5 - for some reason the other angle of egg 5 is at the end!

53BEB0D8-93F8-4077-828F-02AA898F28FD.jpeg

Eggs 10, 11, 12 -

14BD67A4-2674-46D0-8407-E214242EE0A2.jpeg

7AC49053-2620-4704-AB08-C5F98AE77E72.jpeg

3598C591-C106-4B4F-8077-4F1C3CC41356.jpeg

The air cell on Egg 12 seems small in comparison to 10 and 11…what might that indicate? Thanks!!

Attachments

• 42214983-0D0C-46FF-ACC5-690FEF542B3F.jpeg
    42214983-0D0C-46FF-ACC5-690FEF542B3F.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom