March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I went to a health food store in my area. They always have local eggs from near by farm. I have hatched before. They had duck eggs this time. I chose the one with the youngest date. When candled they looked fine. I will not know if they are fertile though till a few days in. They were in the fridge, which has not been a problem in the past. They looked pretty clean, so that worries me a bit, if they don't hatch I am only $5 into it.
de.PNG

I don't know the breed either. I put them under a broody hen. She tucked them under, and was happy to have something to sit on.

I went to a health food store in my area. They always have local eggs from near by farm. I have hatched before. They had duck eggs this time. I chose the one with the youngest date. When candled they looked fine. I will not know if they are fertile though till a few days in. They were in the fridge, which has not been a problem in the past. They looked pretty clean, so that worries me a bit, if they don't hatch I am only $5 into it.
View attachment 3011275

I don't know the breed either. I put them under a broody hen. She tucked them under, and was happy to have something to sit on.
Will be interested to see if they hatch! Good luck!

I put in a 12 of my Black Amercauna eggs, 5(4) possible Frizzle Bantam Cochin eggs, and 14 (12) shipped Self Blue Amercauna eggs a couple weeks ago. Due Friday 11th.
I have a little D'Uccle sitting on 5 possible Frizzle Bantam Cochin eggs, due St. Patty's Day.
I have 17 call duck eggs in, due various days. 3 Buff American goose eggs due March 23.
Today I hope to be putting in Buckeye eggs and more Self Blue Amercauna eggs, if they come in the mail.

So the one I thought quite, I’m just not sure!!! It’s a pretty dark egg and I swear there’s some kind of movement 😩 It’s time to lock down and I’m terrified it will explode and terrified I’m wrong and kill it
Do you have a candle photo?
It can be really hard to see movement this late in incubation, but if you are patient and just wait you should see something move.😊

I put in a 12 of my Black Amercauna eggs, 5(4) possible Frizzle Bantam Cochin eggs, and 14 (12) shipped Self Blue Amercauna eggs a couple weeks ago. Due Friday 11th.
I have a little D'Uccle sitting on 5 possible Frizzle Bantam Cochin eggs, due St. Patty's Day.
I have 17 call duck eggs in, due various days. 3 Buff American goose eggs due March 23.
Today I hope to be putting in Buckeye eggs and more Self Blue Amercauna eggs, if they come in the mail.
Quite a nice mix you got going! Can’t wait to see them all especially the call ducklings!
They are just the cutest!😊

Do you have a candle photo?
It can be really hard to see movement this late in incubation, but if you are patient and just wait you should see something move.😊
My phone just isn’t picking anything up, it’s so frustrating! It almost looks like the egg is clear when I photograph it from the shell maybe? But all the eggs look like that on my camera even when I’m seeing little legs kicking with my eyes 🙄

Back
Top Bottom