March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Wish you all good hatching!! My hatch rate was 10 % but power go down few times , 80 %of eggs were infertile.. so i end up with few chicks only..was it worth it Yes. MY rooster get killed by FOX 2 weeks ago and this Two are his babies. And also when he died i collect 10 more eggs in next few days and take out infertile eggs from first hatch.. so i have also 10 eggs at day 12.. i do all in same incubator but man it was Tricky but i used incubator floor for new eggs while on top on wire was other eggs from first hatch.
When this hatching was over i candle new 10 eggs and i see movement in 8 of them.. and GUYS..
YOU KNOW you should never put double yolker.. and i put it and i told no she is pullet she not mate .. i just was curious. And i have TWINS NOW. AT DAY 12 they are both alive.. one look kind bigger.. we will see Will they Make it to day 18 or bit. wish me luck🔥

Attachments

• 1646917559055-01.jpeg
    1646917559055-01.jpeg
    534.4 KB · Views: 1
Wish you all good hatching!! My hatch rate was 10 % but power go down few times , 80 %of eggs were infertile.. so i end up with few chicks only..was it worth it Yes. MY rooster get killed by FOX 2 weeks ago and this Two are his babies. And also when he died i collect 10 more eggs in next few days and take out infertile eggs from first hatch.. so i have also 10 eggs at day 12.. i do all in same incubator but man it was Tricky but i used incubator floor for new eggs while on top on wire was other eggs from first hatch.
When this hatching was over i candle new 10 eggs and i see movement in 8 of them.. and GUYS..
YOU KNOW you should never put double yolker.. and i put it and i told no she is pullet she not mate .. i just was curious. And i have TWINS NOW. AT DAY 12 they are both alive.. one look kind bigger.. we will see Will they Make it to day 18 or bit. wish me luck🔥

I'm sorry you lost your rooster! His chicks are so cute! Good luck on your next hatch as well!

I have an early bird. :) Somechicky always wants to be first to hatch, and then scream bloody murder because he's all alone. :gig
They are due to hatch tomorrow, so I've been looking for pips. They are in the cabinet incubator so it's a little tricky to see sometimes. I see 2 more so far.
I've walked by and peeked in with the flashlight before and everything is quiet, go do something and look in and 6 chicks will have hatched! :eek:

I have an early bird. :) Somechicky always wants to be first to hatch, and then scream bloody murder because he's all alone. :gig
They are due to hatch tomorrow, so I've been looking for pips. They are in the cabinet incubator so it's a little tricky to see sometimes. I see 2 more so far.
I've walked by and peeked in with the flashlight before and everything is quiet, go do something and look in and 6 chicks will have hatched! :eek:
🤩🤩🤩🤩

I have 10 eggs set in my incubator! 9 are at day 6 today and then 1 is at day 1. One of our green queens (named Cricket) had been acting strangely (at first just slower and was limping, then her limp got better, then she started having trouble breathing, and then she sadly passed yesterday.) and a couple of hours before she died, she laid an egg. So I stuck her little egg inside of our incubator (is it to big of a difference from the older eggs?). I candled yesterday and see strong development in all but 1 (who looks to be clear, but we'll see. It would make sense if it weren't fertilized because its from one of our older girls and they don't really tolerate roosters). Our Cream Legbar (named Agnus) was also killed by a hawk so I'm hoping that at least one of the eggs is hers. I'll try to get some candling pictures tonight if I can!
Sorry you lost your hens, Cricket and Agnus:hugs
Hopefully their eggs will hatch for you. 5 days difference will not be an issue until later when you put the eggs in lockdown. You can normally push this to DAY 19, but it will still be too early for that last egg. Can you borrow a second incubator?

Sorry you lost your hens, Cricket and Agnus:hugs
Hopefully their eggs will hatch for you. 5 days difference will not be an issue until later when you put the eggs in lockdown. You can normally push this to DAY 19, but it will still be too early for that last egg. Can you borrow a second incubator?
Thank you. No, we only have the one, and not very many people around us raise chicks. We do have a broody hen at the moment, but she's been broody for about 2 weeks, she's only a year old, and this is her first time being broody. We aren't hatching eggs under her because of her inexperience. Another hen is also broody (she hatched out ThinMint) but she likes to go from nest to nest and not stay on one specific nest.

Hello everyone! I just set 24 eggs in the incubator the other day, and thought I'd see if there was a March hatch a-long to join. I'm going to try to get caught up on the previous pages so I can see what everyone else has been hatching. I set 18 blue/black/splash Ameraucana eggs and 6 black copper maran eggs. I had a really good hatch rate last spring, but those were eggs from my own flock and these are shipped eggs....so I am a bit nervous about them, hoping for 50% hatch. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom