March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Welcome to the party!! Apparently doind a staggered hatch has worked hugely in this hatches favor, these duckies obviously loved the extra weeks humidity
20220313_154609.jpg

So what do you do with a baby chick that only wants to be held or it cries constantly? I am wondering if it’s not going to make it. It does quiet down when I hold it though. I’ve seen a teeny tiny poo, I’ve seen it try to eat and drink, and it gets around alright. Is it just cold cuz it’s tiny and a late malpositioned chick? I’m using a brooder plate and all the other chicks need less heat than this little one. I’m just worried about it overnight.
One of mine was pretty whiny for a day, I’m not sure what was up! She just wanted to be held and cuddled into my hand, super sweet lil bean. No issues before that day or after 🤷🏽‍♀️ So weird

One of mine was pretty whiny for a day, I’m not sure what was up! She just wanted to be held and cuddled into my hand, super sweet lil bean. No issues before that day or after 🤷🏽‍♀️ So weird
Yeah little one is still whiny but not nearly as constant today. She definitely prefers snuggling with me but she’s doing much better! Baby chicks are funny! 😁

Back
Top Bottom