March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I’m going to be ordering some call duck eggs soon, any tips for a first time hatcher?
Welcome to BYC.😊

I have never hatched ducks. Here is a link to a thread that may be helpful. I have heard call ducks often need assisting because of their short bills.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/posts/25357063

If you put in the search bar "call duck hatching" you will find many threads on the topic.
Good luck!

What has your humidity been running up to now? I know some bantams can hatch as early as DAY 19, but I have not heard that any chicken breeds can hatch earlier than this. I do not know much about Barbus though. If you are worried about the air cells, you can push lockdown out another day.🙂
My D'anvers hatched on day 20 according to my calendar. I suspect these babies will hatch at about the same day.

I have a live stream pointed at my eggs. There is nothing happening yet, but the stream will be live for a while after they hatch and then I'll move the camera to the brooder.

20220318_170332.jpg

Experiment Happy Eggs is a dud. Nothing developed, but I’m aggravated they had better air cells than my dang silkie eggs! Such beautiful air cells for non viable eggs 😭 May try again with a local natural grocers type store because it’s fun lol. Now to find some fertile eggs!
So sorry they didn’t work out.🙁
Worth trying again though! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom