March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
That looks like a newer 4250. Does the factory hygrometer still work?
It is, and yes it still works.
It's not desirable to keep the humidity that high for the early stages of incubation but when you have staggered hatches you kind of just have to make do. Anyone with staggered hatches does this so you're not alone! I would probably just wait to elevate the humidity until day 19 or the first external pip. That way it won't be elevated as long and shoot for 60 once they're hatching. There will be spikes in humidity as they hatch anyway. It should be just fine and once the chicks start hatching they will move the other eggs around anyway. :) I would recommend turning at least 3 times per day though.
How far along are the other eggs?
The older eggs are on day 19 going on 20, Crickets egg is day 15 going on 16, and then the mini eggs are on day 5 going on 6

I ALSO JUST HEARD CHIRPING AHHHH. I don't see any external pips yet, but oh my gosh :wee:wee:wee:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:love:love:love

It is, and yes it still works.

The older eggs are on day 19 going on 20, Crickets egg is day 15 going on 16, and then the mini eggs are on day 5 going on 6

I ALSO JUST HEARD CHIRPING AHHHH. I don't see any external pips yet, but oh my gosh :wee:wee:wee:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:love:love:love

I bet you'll see external pips in the morning! :celebrate

I had the weirdest thing when I candled my eggs today. One of them has what looks like a pool of blood. Like a vein broke. What do you guys think?
IMG_20220323_215906.jpg

Totals for my 2nd March hatch
15 celadon Coturnix eggs set (shipped)
7 hatched
3 late quitters
5 non-starters/not fertile

Overall I’m ok with this hatch. 1 of the 3 late quitters had severe cross-beak & I’ve had one with severe curled feet (also thinks I’m mom) so I’m not sure how good the genetics were on these.
That’s pretty good for shipped celadon eggs! Even my at home celadon eggs have marginal hatch rates. Congrats on the new babies!

I had the weirdest thing when I candled my eggs today. One of them has what looks like a pool of blood. Like a vein broke. What do you guys think?
View attachment 3035628
Oh wow! I can’t say I’ve ever seen that before! It doesn’t seem like a good thing—you should do an eggtopsy when you are sure if it’s not developing and see what’s inside. Super weird!

Back
Top Bottom