March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
😭 we lost electricity for 6hrs last night 😭 i just locked them down yesterday afternoon. My Govee* says temp slowly dropped then stayed at 65 for an hour then electricity came back on and it went back up.
The incubator was wrapped to try to keep it warm but we don't have a generator.
We have never lost electricity this long before.
I'm sad but I hope the last little 2 make it.
My big batch goes in this weekend so now I'm freaking out.

😭 we lost electricity for 6hrs last night 😭 i just locked them down yesterday afternoon. My Govee* says temp slowly dropped then stayed at 65 for an hour then electricity came back on and it went back up.
They should be fine.:hugs

If I suspect a power outage is imminent (stormy weather, for example) I fill hot water bottles (those old fashioned red ones) and wrap them in towels to have on the ready if needed for incubators or brooding chicks. If you have a neighbor or friend nearby that has not been affected by the outage, make an arrangement that you may need to bring the eggs over to them.😊

I have some better pictures of the little one! IMG_20220324_093902945_HDR-01.jpeg IMG_20220324_093955609_HDR-01.jpeg IMG_20220324_094055669-01.jpeg

I also don't think it will effect your Hatch. A henn also leaves the nest and the temperature of the eggs drops realy fast, in the incubator the temperature should stay way longer, then with a absent henn.

Back
Top Bottom