march april and may hatch along

It's been a busy few days but all mine have hatched and are happily pooping up their brooder!!!

There are actually 3 ducks piled on top of each other in this bottom picture! LOL

I started with 6 eggs but I had 1 yolker and 1 quitter
sad.png

I ended up with a Pekin, White Crested, Black Swedish and a Buff. The Black Swedish is going to be a handful. He is definitely the leader of the pack and always looking for a way to escape the brooder.

Ahah i have three ducks in the incubator on day 12 at the minute and all seem to be growing i can see them moving inside the egg I'm so excited, but i don't know what breed they are, but i think they are going to be white any idea what they could be :) first time hatching ducks ahah :lol:

It's very exciting to see them grow and move in the egg! Why do you think yours will be white? The white ducks that I know of are Pekin, White Crested and White Layer. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I've come across.

It's very exciting to see them grow and move in the egg!   Why do you think yours will be white? The white ducks that I know of are Pekin, White Crested and White Layer. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I've come across.  
Ok ahah thanks and they guy I got it off only had white ducks (I'm pretty sure, that's why the "think") ahah

So i candled all my eggs, and there was one with the ring of death, and 16 that were infertile, or just didn't grow, and that leaves me with 3 duck eggs, and 24 chick eggs :) although there is one which i cant find ahaha i have it wrote down on a note pad (i numbered them all) and i couldn't see it, but i didn't want to look for it for to long as the eggs were starting to cool down, so i have 27 viable eggs(not including the one i cant find ahah) due to hatch on the 20th of may :) 15 days to go :D :celebrate

So i candled all my eggs, and there was one with the ring of death, and 16 that were infertile, or just didn't grow, and that leaves me with 3 duck eggs, and 24 chick eggs :) although there is one which i cant find ahaha i have it wrote down on a note pad (i numbered them all) and i couldn't see it, but i didn't want to look for it for to long as the eggs were starting to cool down, so i have 27 viable eggs(not including the one i cant find ahah) due to hatch on the 20th of may :) 15 days to go :D :celebrate
Yay!!! Lock down for one bator Wed. Nervous what I will find when I candle.

Back
Top Bottom