Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
I had the same issue last year with a still air incubator similar in appearance to that one. This year I put small jars of water in with the eggs and the temp has been much more stable (even through weather changes from 50* to 10* with rain/snow). I have a picture I posted (I think on page 2 or 3?) if you'd like to see our set up.

GOOD LUCK!
thanks going to check out your post

Well, my duck eggs aren't going to happen :( My friend has been getting nothing but frozen eggs (thank you, polar vortex). He's a teacher, so he can't be there to collect several times a day, which I totally get. Good news is he's going to send me some when the weather warms up some. Bad news is I probably wont get them in time for this HAL.
On a funnier note, my DH collected eggs yesterday. When he checked the pens, all but one of the eggs was frozen. He broke the unfrozen egg on the door knob bringing it into the house :gig He felt pretty bad because he knows I've been saving every egg I find to put in the bator, I couldn't help but laugh though!

Just set another 21 eggs 10 of which are a fertility test to see if the hens are still holding sperm before going into the breeding pens. Hopefully I will have chicks March 13th

Last edited:
I did a candling last night and had to discard two eggs, one had a tiny chip in it I must have missed when setting them, the other had a blood ring. First was from a blue black splash English Orpington, second was Barnyard mix. Still have 55 eggs rocking. Most have visible development but a couple the shells are such that I can't tell. Looking to be a good hatch so far.

I don't trust myself to take eggs out because I'll candle them and I can't see anything because the light isn't bright enough. Then I take the egg out Carmack it open then there is a baby in it. Then I get really mad at myself. Now I only get rid of the eggs at the end of hatch and they are stinking up the incubator

Our neighbors were whining because our duck hens wouldn't be quiet so we had to get rid of them. We can't have large birds like ducks and stuff

You should get a muscovy drake that way you can still have one duck they only hiss & it's not loud if you want to know more about Muscovies pm me I have two of my own :)

Back
Top Bottom