Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
I just set my eggs an hour ago, I know it will take a while to come back up to the temp I had set, but my humidity jumped up to 52 percent.  I was going for 40 to 45 percent. Should I try to reduce it, or will it settle back down?  

It will settle. It's natural to have dips and peaks in both temp and humidity. A mama hen is *not* a machine, so these eggs can handle more variance than most people try to tell you... :)

Hello! Brand new posting, but have been hanging around the boards for a while. I have owned chickens for the past few years, but this will be my first time incubating my own.

I just ordered some from ebay and they should be arriving hopefully in the next few days. Just some fun mixed breed chickens that I will be hatching out in my brinsea eco incubator.

Glad to be part of the fun!

Hello! Brand new posting, but have been hanging around the boards for a while. I have owned chickens for the past few years, but this will be my first time incubating my own.

I just ordered some from ebay and they should be arriving hopefully in the next few days. Just some fun mixed breed chickens that I will be hatching out in my brinsea eco incubator.

Welcome. Glad you are here.

Hi everyone,
I need a bit of advice, I have a farm innovators 2100 still air incubator. In my research besides the lousy 2 page manual they send along, I am confused on temperatures, I am at 99.5-100 degrees and 45 percent humidity. Is this ok or should I raise the temp some as I have read 102 for still air incubators. I guarantee my broody hen outside is having an easier time than I am. Lol. She is setting on 14 eggs! Thanks in advance.

WOOT!!!
wee.gif

I can add gray peacock pheasants to my march HAL mix! I love their new wave 'hair'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111603083141?euid=557a6b74c644456194be103684f59773&cp=1&exe=11568&ext=28289
0.jpg

Taking a sneak peek at day 5 all 20/20 eggs developing so exciting 100% fertility on our banty mixed pullet eggs
Bailey wants to try and take a short vid of one of the eggs that had a very good view of the beating heart...She's so cute

Last edited:

Welcome! And best of luck with your hatching! :)

Back
Top Bottom