• 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Hi everyone!

This is my first hatch along and my second hatch with an incubator (first hatch was abysmal due to a bad incubator and an even worse hygrometer).

With a new incubator hopefully this one will be more successful! Only 10 days to go now
Good luck!
caf.gif

Day 5 candling shows veins in 12 out of 13 shipped eggs! They even traveled in sub zero temps, so I couldn't be happier!! Some have saddle air cells, and at least half have wobbly air cells, but fingers crossed they'll figure things out... :)
P.S. Don't worry, I didn't toss the 13th one, I'll wait till day 10 to "call it".

Day 5 candling shows veins in 12 out of 13 shipped eggs! They even traveled in sub zero temps, so I couldn't be happier!! Some have saddle air cells, and at least half have wobbly air cells, but fingers crossed they'll figure things out...
smile.png

P.S. Don't worry, I didn't toss the 13th one, I'll wait till day 10 to "call it".
Thats great! Hope the 13th one turns out. I got 12 days left on mine with all 10 developing. I can not wait!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Day 5 candling shows veins in 12 out of 13 shipped eggs! They even traveled in sub zero temps, so I couldn't be happier!! Some have saddle air cells, and at least half have wobbly air cells, but fingers crossed they'll figure things out...
smile.png

That's great! I hope my shipped ones do as well, I can't wait to candle
bow.gif

I have posted a few times about how much trouble I have had with the new Little Giant incubator, the problems continue.....after adding heat sinks and finally getting it to hold a good temp for hours, it spiked today to 104.....I have shipped eggs that should be here tomorrow that I was going to add to this incubator...I soooo do not want to put them in there with all the problems I keep having. On a brighter note...everything with my filled Hovabator seems to be great! The temps and humidity have been holding steady since Sunday! I want to candle so bad....but I will wait another day or two.

Yes these incubators are easily bothered I have one myself you have to keep the room the same temp 24/7 & the incubator you have to adjust for several days to keep the right temp & humidity.

smile.png

Congrats on your eggs!

Just candled my shipped eggs, day 5, and most of them are developing pretty good, although some of them I really don't see an air cell yet, which seems odd. A separate batch looks like only 3 out of 9 are developing. This is my first time with shipped eggs.

Last edited:
I candled my eggs tonight (day 6) only 3 were bad!! That's a lot of chicks for me. :) my broody had 14 eggs and only one of hers wasn't developing. Good news for me. This is my first time incubating where I think I know what I am doing and so far so good. As for broody hens I have them all the time. I am using the farm innovators still air 2100. Humidity 50 percent, temperature 100-101 in case anyone was curious. :)

Back
Top Bottom