Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
...... No interaction was found between storage time and pre-warming profile for hatchability and chick quality....so a null result.

Since this is a summary of a paper, and not a full paper, I think that sentence is taken out of context, and is referring to no difference between the pre-warmed chicks and the control. I've also found two other papers supporting this technique, although both of them refer to the 4h and 24h warming and not the 30 minutes.

Please Read!
Please note, when sending me the march info for my sheet, please sne dboth the set and hatch day sates!! Alos, please no Feb HAL info!! I am only doing this sheet info fo the March HAL and more!

Also, (I will post this on the first post on the thread) if you are new, and want to join the list, then please make the Title something like "March HAL join, and info" so that i know you want to join! But if you are just giving me the info, and have already joined then just have a heading like "March HAL info"

Thanks, ChickyChickens

I just came home from work and was preparing to go into lockdown and add alina when I noticed one of my eggs was rocking and after closer inspection it looks like it's pipping it's just not broken all the way thru.I had to move ur and since then it's been still.isn't 18 days too soon for this?

Finally got my hatching eggs today! They sure are purty!

This is my second hatch and once again, I have more eggs than incubator space...by a lot! I ordered 20 and got 36, plus I am expecting a small lot of 4-6 in the next day or so. Not going to all fit in my Brinsea Octagon. What to do? I had my eye on the Genesis for a hatcher, going to have to talk to the hubs and see what we can do.

These babies came from all pure standard size hens and roos running together, everything from EE to BCM to Red Star, a true mystery bunch.

I got another egg from my wheaten maran hen! So far I only have two eggs from her, (she is old and her production is not very good) I want as many eggs as possible from her, since the chicks will be Olive Eggers.

I plan to start up the incubator tomorrow. It needs a little work first though.

I just came home from work and was preparing to go into lockdown and add alina when I noticed one of my eggs was rocking and after closer inspection it looks like it's pipping it's just not broken all the way thru.I had to move ur and since then it's been still.isn't 18 days too soon for this?

18 days is pretty early. Maybe your heat was too high? Or maybe you miscalculated your days, that seems to be a common problem... When did you set them?

Hi All!! I'm joining the HAL! I currently have 33 eggs set, due to hatch on March 9. I have Seramas, Bantam Chocolate Orpingtons, and Barnyard Mixes from my pure breeds. Good luck to everyone!!

So excited, put 29 eggs in the incubator a week ago (this is day 7) did my first candling on my first batch of eggs ever and im happy to report that aside from the 5 dark brown eggs that want to keep secrets all of them look well and have developed (a couple might have died im not sure) even two that had cracked from being dropped have little babies in them :D

As long as their developing normally they haven't been infected by bacteria!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom