Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Hi folks! I just set eggs for my second ever hatch. Hope this one turns out better than the last time. Last time I hatched out 3 boys only, but I do love the one I kept. I have 18 shipped wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas. From my own flock, I have 14 BBS ameraucanas, and a few EES and a few OEs.

Good Luck!

I'm on day 15 on my shipped cream legbar eggs. I pulled 8 last night. I'm sure I need to pull more but I don't have the candling expertise to pull anything I'm not possitive about. I'm separating according to what I think but I'm afraid to pull in case I'm wrong. How can something so fun be so stressful? lol! I did see definite movement in several though.
fl.gif

Good Luck!

I'm on day 15 on my shipped cream legbar eggs. I pulled 8 last night. I'm sure I need to pull more but I don't have the candling expertise to pull anything I'm not possitive about. I'm separating according to what I think but I'm afraid to pull in case I'm wrong. How can something so fun be so stressful? lol!  I did see definite movement in several though.:fl

Sometimes they don't move for quite a while. I'd assume they sleep in there, just like a baby does in a womb. Good call not tossing them yet. What made you sure to toss the 8?

Sometimes they don't move for quite a while. I'd assume they sleep in there, just like a baby does in a womb. Good call not tossing them yet. What made you sure to toss the 8?
6 where clear. 5 of those I had marked as having pretty bad air cells.The other 2 were early quitters. They both look to be about 5-7 days developed.

I have not noticed any bad odor. I have been having low humidity at times. Weather changes here in Florida can be dramatic this time of year and the furnace is very drying.

How will you work that out since it sounds like they will have different lock down times (higher humidity and no turning during lock down)? I have three different sets of eggs going, I am going to use a different incubator for hatching

Last edited:
Heard from the breeder and my Phoenix bantam eggs should be shipped next Wednesday! Had to push it off a few days since the weather in Colorado finally decided to be winter and the temps are below 0. Hopefully, the weather will hold up for the later half of next week and my eggs don't freeze so I can have a predicted hatch date of March 26th!

Hope everyone else is having good luck with their hatches! :)

Heard from the breeder and my Phoenix bantam eggs should be shipped next Wednesday! Had to push it off a few days since the weather in Colorado finally decided to be winter and the temps are below 0. Hopefully, the weather will hold up for the later half of next week and my eggs don't freeze so I can have a predicted hatch date of March 26th!

Hope everyone else is having good luck with their hatches! :)
That will work out good, then. You getting any more eggs from your girls to add? All at 10 days or less should be fine.
Hopefully I will have some EEs pipping by then. Day 21 is Thursday

i am putting some in today that i collected yesterday, they are d'uccles and its been cold here. i want to know if the 30 degree temps will stop them (i did collect the same day ). pus these are mostly from my pattern pen and they finally laid a decent amount in one day, even got a virgin egg. problem is this cold wave-even in TX!! my temp is at 97.7 right now and that is on a thermometer on top of the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom