Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Thats awesome. You are doing way better than I did on my first hatch. Don't forget to mark your air cells. It will help a lot when you set them for lockdown.

Thank you. I'm so excited.
1f606.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

Yeah I would use no higher then 60% until lockdown then no higher then 65%
From day 1 - 18 I have an average humidity of 47%, and then day 19+ I have an average of 65% then if there arte some strugglers i up to humidity to 70% untill they are fine again then lower it!!! With this i have an average 95% hatch rate!

I'm thinking about dry incubating my eggs this time, since the humidity right now without water is 40-45%. Any one else doing this? I'm trying to avoid the humidity getting too high around the time the eggs start hatching (new hatchlings put off a lot of moisture) and the humidity often goes up to 80-85% which is way to high for chicken eggs.

I have a brinsea mini Eco with 7 eggs on day 2. It has been keeping a steady temp of 99,3-99.9. But I noticed this morning the temp said 98.8. We turn our house temp down from 69 to 64 when we go to bed. Obviously the ambient temp is affecting the incubator temp?? Is there anything I can do? Fuel is expensive and my DH would not want to keep the house at 69 degrees 24/7. Would putting a cardboard box around the incubator at night help retain the temp better?

I have a brinsea mini Eco with 7 eggs on day 2. It has been keeping a steady temp of 99,3-99.9. But I noticed this morning the temp said 98.8. We turn our house temp down from 69 to 64 when we go to bed. Obviously the ambient temp is affecting the incubator temp?? Is there anything I can do? Fuel is expensive and my DH would not want to keep the house at 69 degrees 24/7. Would putting a cardboard box around the incubator at night help retain the temp better?

A box or towel around it, especially the base, might help. Maybe even sliding a piece of cardboard under to insulate it more from below. I've got 2 Minis and haven't noticed temp swings like that (my house ambient temps swings 63-71F) that weren't due to the cooling periods I'd set or not getting the top set on just right after messing with the eggs. Sometimes even a little piece of something holds the top up enough to lose a little heat!

My eggs go into lockdown this evening and this is the first time I have incubated in cartons. I'm not sure weather to hatch in cartons or remove and place on side. Any opinions on which would be better?

Back
Top Bottom