Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
What breed are your chickys, @bekkanblue ?

Day 3: Temperature is staying stable between 99.3 and 100.5. Nothing to report other than that.
big_smile.png
Norwegian Jaerhons! I lucked into a nice trio in January and they have been very productive! They're the only set in a pen, so I know the eggs are purebred. Unlike the rest of the flock who are still running free in the snow and ice!

Day 8 for the next batch. The previous 2 times I've tossed 'clears' by now but thought I'd wait a little longer with this batch and see what I can see. Have different ages of eggs too, curious how old eggs can be around here and still be viable.

just set 30 eggs in my bator, first time incubating! we are currently on day 1. there are 12 whole foods fertile eggs, 12 Trader joes eggs, and 6 eggs from a local egg supplier that said her eggs MAY be fertile, she just gave away her roosters a couple weeks ago so hopefully they are still fertile. i am super excited to see if this works! if all goes well they should be due at the end of the month, around the 24th.

Setting a dozen tomorrow, 3 LB's 3 Splash Auracanas, 2 Dominiquers, a splash Maran and 3 speckled sussex. Never had the speckled sussex before. Hatch date will be 3/26. Good luck everyone!

Just candled the eggs
Set 2/20 1blood ring, 4 clears and 9 developing
Set 2/27 2 blood rings, 1 clear, and 13 developing

I am so happy that the fertility issues have worked themselves out.

Alyssa

just set 30 eggs in my bator, first time incubating! we are currently on day 1. there are 12 whole foods fertile eggs, 12 Trader joes eggs, and 6 eggs from a local egg supplier that said her eggs MAY be fertile, she just gave away her roosters a couple weeks ago so hopefully they are still fertile. i am super excited to see if this works! if all goes well they should be due at the end of the month, around the 24th.
welcome-byc.gif
I can't wait to see how your eggs fair......I am thinking of going to TJs, and the local amish store next time....versus shipped

I'm so excited for you. I'm in lockdown today.... Hopefully I will have the same results on Sunday.

Thanks!!!!! All hatched a day early I honestly believe it's because the temperature was at 100 degrees Fahrenheit a lot instead of 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit!
& I wish you the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom