Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
And the WINNER FROM BEHIND Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock! Had barely started pipping at my last post and he is climbing out of his shell right now.

Sorry for the pic quality, between the little flashlight I was using and the camera phone it won't make National Geographic.

I'm still waiting for mine :hit

At least they'll be going into lockdown the day after tomorrow

Four Hatched! 1 barnyard mix, 2 speckled Sussex and the barred rock are out. Lots of pips, peeps and some zipping going on! Sorry for all the posts but I'm super excited!

I just wanted to post that I had run a contest at my FB page. Gave away 18 eggs to 2 different folks with completely different chicken hatching styles. 95% hatch rate. And one hatched on day 24.
So for those hatching I always tell don't give up if everything's been going well.

We're so excited to see what our silkie mixed sweeties look like. I know what I am expecting, just hoping for a couple lucky surprises

Those EEs are still growing like little weeds! The little grey chick is my favorite! I'm pretty sure its a pullet, very petite and cute! Though none of them really stand out as cockerels yet, for some reason I've just always gotten a girl vibe from that little grey one ;)

Last edited:
Terra chirping encouragement to the chicks!

So I had 3 hatch yesterday (day 20). Two were EEs. The first one seemed fine, the other had a sac that wasn't completely absorbed but seemed relatively strong and we decided just to let nature take its course. At some point the sac tore/punctured and I found both chicks stuck together, dried in yellow crusty goop. We decided to cull the one and try to assist the other one now glued together. I used the warmest water I daired to help the important parts get clean and used a blow dryer to help warm up/dry the little one, but it wound up passing :-(

The last one to hatch yesterday is a buff Orpington that seems a little weak after 24hrs but is getting along so well keep fingers crossed.

I rushed home today after work expecting to find new pips and chicks but was DEVISTATED to find the incubator was at 106!!!!!!!!!! For all I know it was like that for hours. One of the eggs was moving this morning but there are currently no sounds or pips.

Incubator is now adjusted and holding at 100/102 and 60ish humidity

ANY advice on additional course of action?

I am so excited! I candled a day early (Day 6 for these eggs) since I was discouraged about my shipped eggs still not arriving & holy smokes! I was hoping for at least 1 of my flock's eggs being fertile. I was not expecting 4/7 to be developing into chicks! OMG I'm so nervous now!

Not sure what I'm gonna do now if/when my Phoenix bantam eggs show up. Might have to go buy a backup incubator from TSC this weekend!

Last edited:
OK, last post of the night. My second place hatcher, a Speckled Sussex. The barred rock won't hold still for a picture. I have five out now. Two barnyard mix, two Speckled Sussex and one Barred Rock. Bed time now. I will check them on my lunch break tomorrow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom