Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Dropping in my first incubation ever in home made coolerbator. Doing 36 barnyard mix. Some of the eggs were so round and foot ball shaped I'm not entirely certain I put them the right way.

If your unsure of which way to put them in, candle them and find the air cell. They you will know which way to put them in.

I put my eggs up for lockdown a day early, I did this with my chicken and duck eggs and still got an amazing hatch, so I'm hoping the same for my quail

clap.gif
jumpy.gif
You are doing good! I am on my first hatch ever...all my local guys keep making me pinkie swear I won't open that incubator during lock down
hu.gif
I think this Thursday is my lock down...I really don't know how I will act until I get there

As long as you don't open it very often, and the humidity is up, it is fine to open it!!!!
Dropping in my first incubation ever in home made coolerbator. Doing 36 barnyard mix. Some of the eggs were so round and foot ball shaped I'm not entirely certain I put them the right way.

You could candle them to see which end has the air cell.

As long as you don't open it very often, and the humidity is up, it is fine to open it!!!!

You could candle them to see which end has the air cell.

Everyone keeps saying not to open the incubator on lockdown but on my first hatch, I opened it constantly, to hear the peeping and pecking, and to look for pips. And yet everything was fine, maybe,because I would use warm water for the water wells under the mesh, so the humidity would get back to normal shortly after putting the top back on. I don't know but I still had an awesome hatch

Today is day 6 for my eggs, and so far the temperature is holding very steady. I plan to candle my eggs on tuesday. I can't wait to see how many developing eggs I have!

Back
Top Bottom