Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Did an 8 day candleing tonight. Out of seven eggs, 5 are still going strong. Great veins, wiggly babies, neat to see! One egg was a blood ring, and one was a dud. I opened both, the blood ring looked like it quit on day 3 or 4, very small baby. The dud was a double yolk egg with no development. So fingers crossed for the 5 remaining babies. So discouraging to lose some eggs, even though I knew shipping eggs was a gamble. Not going to candle again until day 14.

My new babies (Ameraucana)! Hatched yesterday. Out of 7 set, 2 were duds. 5 still good at lock-down. 4 hatched, one died in its shell - malposition. Not terrible for eggs shipped from GA to CA! :)

As of right now 2 of the 8 that made it to lock-down pipped. One of them made halfway out of the shell and died.
hit.gif
The other just externally pipped. The other 6 are moving so I am hoping for the best.

Quote: My hatch #2 was with a broody hen. All the eggs hatched except the legbars. I'd like to try to breed them again, but I just got two new Marans roosters and don't think I can get more rooster now. I can breed the Marans to the legbars and end up with olive eggers, which are just about as popular around here as anything else.

A maran just hatched... a little longer hatch than the other breeds I've noticed... but one before this one was "sticky" and this one seems to be also... has some gunk by the vent and it's completly out of the egg but still hadn't straightened it's neck.. hoping all is well in the morning, any experience with this?

My hatch #2 was with a broody hen. All the eggs hatched except the legbars. I'd like to try to breed them again, but I just got two new Marans roosters and don't think I can get more rooster now. I can breed the Marans to the legbars and end up with olive eggers, which are just about as popular around here as anything else.
Lockdown is tomorrow....I am negative, it's all CL eggs, but, we shall see how the incubator works this hatch.
hmm.png

Olive eggers do seem to be all the rage. I sure would like to get some marans hens tp breed to my CL.

I also have 2 roosters, both are Crested Cream Legbars, which is enough rooster for me!
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom