Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
i noticed my first hatch at 2 am today-a day and a half early, it is a solid blue duccle, split to mille fleur pattern and lavender.

This is my first hatch to come early too, and the temp was slightly lower than normal !
hu.gif
oh well but but but we have another pip, we have another pip... I should probably quit now

Candling went well this morning. I have 37 out of 41 (yup, I accidentally put in an extra egg) showing development! Four were clear and I through them to the pigs. A few others seemed further behind in development than others, but it may have had something to do with the color of the shell. All three of my RIR X EE eggs were fertile! I was surprised since they came from my laying flock where I have 60 hens in with one rooster. I'm now waiting for my incubator to stabilize again.

We've had a warm up here and the snow and ice is melting fast. So humidity is way way up. I'm dry hatching a set of eggs in a Brinsea Mini but the house humidity is up to 60%. Dehumidifier isn't really an option with my floor plan so I was wondering if anyone had tried putting a little cup of uncooked rice in the bator to try and pull humidity out of the air. I know if you drop your phone in water and seal it in a bag of rice the rice will dry things out, a friend did it! Wondering if it would do the same from air? Thoughts? Hatch date is next Tues. Thanks!

I've been AWOL for a few days. All 22 of the last batch are thriving
big_smile.png
Why can't every hatch go like this?
Saturday I set 17 white crested black polish, 9 mille fleur/black mottled d'uccles, and 2 cuckoo marans (just to fill the empty space). This could be a good month
thumbsup.gif

Awww, the lil' guy looks positively tuckered out. I hate having to wait for eggs to hatch, mine are only entering their second week. But all three are developing very well, and even though they're calls, I'm hoping against hope that all three hatch without any problems!

Yay one of my quail chicks hatched, I'm so excited, he's a bit noisy but extremely adorable

Update to say the maran is doing awesome... the night in the brooder ( I didn't want to leave him in sling all day incase others kept picking in him. But he spent today in it and I'm happy to say it is cruising around and I can't even tell him apart from the others except he has a gimpy wing from laying on his side last 2 days

Back
Top Bottom