Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
My other chick hatched. That makes 2/10. I dont think thats bad for the first hatch in the new incubator. Also I dont know how old the eggs were.
At least there are two so they have each other! Congrats!!
woot.gif

At least there are two so they have each other! Congrats!!
woot.gif

Yeah, I'm kinda worrying about that. Of the 6 eggs I set only 3 are developing, and since they're call ducks, the odds of getting them all to hatch are pretty low. And I NEED at least one of them to be a female!

My very first hatch... I cut the bator off today ( day 23 ) 5 eggs left , no pips.... I hatched 22 out of 28 and my one lone olive egger drowned in the egg after pipping. The remaining eggs I candled.. nothing. But that happens and I'm pleased with my first hatch... since I only "needed" 5 more lol

Thanks! Here are some better pics. I dont know what they are. A friend has a friend who gives her eggs to eat and since our chickens stopped laying for the last few monthes she gave us some extra. Two dozen. We were going to eat them but when making some i noticed they were fertile so i had to try. I put 10 in and 8 made it o lock down. So far 1 hatched, 1 Died halfway out of the shell, and the third has externally piped. I don't know about the others 5 yet.

OH MY GOSH...Could it get any cuter??? I wonder what breed ? Love the brown color, it looks furry...LOL
love.gif

So you had refrigerated eating eggs that you noticed were fertile, incubated them, and one hatched??? That is awesome!!!!

Last edited:
Candling went well this morning. I have 37 out of 41 (yup, I accidentally put in an extra egg) showing development! Four were clear and I through them to the pigs. A few others seemed further behind in development than others, but it may have had something to do with the color of the shell. All three of my RIR X EE eggs were fertile! I was surprised since they came from my laying flock where I have 60 hens in with one rooster. I'm now waiting for my incubator to stabilize again.
You must be giving that roo shots of vitamin E to keep up with all those ladies!!!!
lau.gif

Congrats on so many eggs showing development!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom