Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
OK, locked down the 4 Jaers in bator 1 for their March HAL hatch, hopefully. And still don't know what to set for the Easter one.
hu.gif
Will decide tonight when I get home I guess. My EEs are still hiding their pretty green eggs and all the ones I'd found are too old. Birds!

I was up for nearly 48 hours before I finally got some sleep. I bought 8 CCL eggs, but only had room for 7 in the incubator. Out of those 7, five made it to lockdown. Of those five, I wound up with 3 pullets and a roo so far. I don't think the last egg is going to hatch, but I've left in the incubator and am hoping for the best.

Mine started pipping on day 20, and the first one arrived at around 6am EST. The last arrived at around 10pm EST last night, so all on day 21.

It was so worth it! :)

Yes! So worth it! Yay, now maybe you can catch up on your sleep, right? This is so fun, to hatch along with other people. I have an egg rocking, and 1 with the external pip, I think. Cracked. I noticed one of my gold sex link eggs is cracked, but I don't think that chick is quite ready to take credit for it.

Day 13: The temperature was a little high this morning (101.3) which I was suspecting would happen since they are now into the second week and are starting to produce their own body heat, which can cause the temp to spike sometimes. The humidity is still very high (65%). I candled a few of the eggs again today and am seeing good growth so far.

So far so good in my two incubators.26 of 38 mixed bantams go into lockdown on the 19th. 22 mixed marans lockdown on the 23.
Set 12 Creole cochin bantams today for the hatch along.

So everyone's late to da party....lol
18/18 chicken eggs hatched
We've already sold all but 4
Waiting on the 1/1 peafowl egg
C'mon need to get it cleaned and ready.for the next batch...lol

Final hatch count is 7 live and 1 died while hatching :( out of 29 eggs I set originally. Not bad for a first time :)

Hello! Just joining this HAL!

I set 9 eggs under my broody hen on February 25. One disappeared. No trace. They are completely enclosed, no other birds.
idunno.gif
Huh. Anyway, I have 3 BLRW, 3 White Crested Black Polish and 2 Austra Whites there now. They are all from a local hatchery, as I only have hens.

Here is my broody, Fiona. She is an Ameraucana/Blue Copper Marans Olive Egger. She was a good mamma last spring, too.

I candled them all today, day 18. They all look good! Fingers crossed for 8 pullets!
fl.gif
Ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom