• 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
Such cute chicks!

Today is only day 14 for me. I candled all the eggs. Everyone looks perfect except for half of the legbar eggs. No surprise there! These eggs are so hard to hatch. I pulled two that had quit and marked quite a few others to candle again right before lockdown.

Fortunately the non-legbar eggs are on auto-pilot and I don't have to worry about them. :)

Well. Today was day 21 & so far I've got nothing. No pips, no egg movement. I did hear 1 chirp but that's it. I'm wondering if I did something wrong (even though I'm using a Brinsea) or if I should have waited until my hens were at least a year old. Still, I'll be keeping them in there until at least Wednesday & hope I didn't lose my entire clutch of eggs.

Well. Today was day 21 & so far I've got nothing. No pips, no egg movement. I did hear 1 chirp but that's it. I'm wondering if I did something wrong (even though I'm using a Brinsea) or if I should have waited until my hens were at least a year old. Still, I'll be keeping them in there until at least Wednesday & hope I didn't lose my entire clutch of eggs.
Give them another day or two. If your temp was just a little off they make take longer to hatch.

I have hatched lots of eggs from my young hens and even some pullet eggs as well. As long as the eggs are fertile I don't think it matter is the hen is over a year old or not.

i have 8 month old silkies that were very fertile! if you have a strong flashlight you can cup your hand with it on one end and the egg on the other and get pretty good results. just look for even a shadow moving. i can see internal pips and have use it to rescue out some.

I had some hatch day 21, 22, 23, & 24.....and my incubator is a LG with fan & turner. I think (& sincerely hope) that they are just a day or 2 behind. I also had a few eggs from my girls that are less than a year old that hatched and are doing well still this week. I week old. Last weekend was a minimal sleep time for those 4 days. I was up every 1-2 hrs checking eggs. Hang in there!

Back
Top Bottom