Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

Started pipping around 9PM.

Started pipping about 15mins ago.

Both are the eggs I thought looked most likely to hatch at lockdown. Hoping the little dudes make it out!

Last edited:

Started pipping around 9PM.

Started pipping about 15mins ago.

Both are the eggs I thought looked most likely to hatch at lockdown. Hoping the little dudes make it out!
Good luck! My first two hatches in a Brinsea stretched out to days 22-23. I bumped the display up 0.5 degree on my last batch, and all but one hatched on day 21. They were flying out like popcorn

Such cute chicks!

Today is only day 14 for me. I candled all the eggs. Everyone looks perfect except for half of the legbar eggs. No surprise there! These eggs are so hard to hatch. I pulled two that had quit and marked quite a few others to candle again right before lockdown.

Fortunately the non-legbar eggs are on auto-pilot and I don't have to worry about them. :)

Are legbars difficult to hatch? Why?
I have 6 pips this morning that I can see! Including one of my wheaten maran X easter egger eggs, which I was pretty sure wouldn't hatch. I'll keep you posted on their progress.

I love it when the underdog comes through. Hope she makes it!
Give them another day or two. If your temp was just a little off they make take longer to hatch.

I have hatched lots of eggs from my young hens and even some pullet eggs as well. As long as the eggs are fertile I don't think it matter is the hen is over a year old or not.
Do you find that your pullet eggs you hatch get up to size eventually?

1 little angry dude hatched this morning! The egg that pipped around 11PM last night didn't have any changes, but it sounded like there were some chirps coming from it still (there were muffled chirps when this little guy was dozing after his struggle to break free). Hoping the second one is still working on getting out when I get home from work!

GHHAAAA! definitely setting up an auto turner next time. day 16 and I dropped the thermometer on an egg while I was turning them. Smashed a big hole right into the air sack. I was in a hurry so I just slapped a couple squares of Duct tape over the hole and left it in the incubator. If it makes it I hope it doesn't get stuck to the tape! Well down to 28 whole eggs and 2 cracked ones...so darn clumsy.

Back
Top Bottom