MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for me locked down last night. Came home from work just now and already have 3 pips so excited since my last 3 hatches have gone so horrible. I have mostly my own eggs left and one of my faverolles are pipping along with some EE's on only day 19 Yeah doing the wave here.
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I went to bed last night with one pip and woke up to these two this morning. One cuckoo maran chick and one buff orp/white ee daddy chick. The rest of them are making me wait!
barnie.gif
I set them late so I won't be too concerned yet, and hopefully I'll have more hatch by morning.

MarchHatchFirstTwoOut.jpg

Go Chicky Tocks, most of the EE eggs didn't make it I still have one and 4 cuckoo marans that looked good, and 2 of the orp/ee extras you sent. My Faverolle eggs are all mostly pipped on day 19. Does anyone know if Fav's hatch early? Good hatching vibes all.
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
The thing about disposable drapes - most have a moisture barrier built in. If that is the case then I think it might interfere w/humidity. Also, most are pretty slick and newly hatched chicks need enough texture to keep their feet from sliding - causing 'splay-leg'. I cover the wire with rubber 'waffle' shelf liner. Good footing, washable and reusable. I also use it over paper towels on top of the litter in my brooder for the first 2-3 days, same reason plus the chicks have found their food and are less likely to eat the litter.
thumbsup.gif

Good luck with your hatch. Don't forget Pix!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
pop.gif
caf.gif

Thank you! I have abandoned the drapes and already have shelf liner down. Only problem now is one side of the hatcher is reading 99.5 and the other side 102.3. I think I'm just going to set the top of the incubator on the bottom of the hatcher (they're the same brand LG) since the incubator has been fairly steady. Tomorrow is the day!!

Madcap621 wrote:
The short answer is hatching chicks from fertile eggs bought from a store - meant for eating. These eggs have all been washed, refrigerated and shipped, all the things supposed to be "bad" for eggs, rendering them 'un-hatchable

O.... ok. Thats what I was thinking, but wanted to be sure. Thanks
smile.png

Congratulations on the new chickies Everyone!

I put 42 eggs in the bator today... my family thinks I'm nuts
lau.gif

030610_00465.jpg

My Barnyard mix... BO, RIR, EE, Bantams I cant wait to see what lil cuties hatch this time
smile.png

9 days until hatch day i have a golden laced wyandotte sitting on 6 eggs . i will get a mix of chicks. i have barred rocks cinnamon queens glws buff orpingtons deleware. and the rooster is white rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom