March hatch along

Hey guys got a question. Candled my eggs a second ago, and a lot of the eggs have what looks like fluid moving the air cell. It always stays at the bottom, and when I turn the egg over it moves to the bottom again. I can see the chicks still moving in the older batch. It's not detached I'm almost positive, so what could be the problem?

On a better note, out of the 50 eggs (10 each under 5 hens) two hens have all 10 with veins starting (day 3 or 4) two have 9 (one is the hen with a batch further along; all have movement. In the other egg all have veining) and one hen has 7 still 6 with veins and 1 I'm unsure about.

Ok ill start and April. Mine are due March 29 th but my broody are due April 1 st or visa versa

Guinea.. all ive ever seen that did that on mine if im understanding correctly were eggs that hadnt started or died early unless it is a loose air cell

Last edited:
The one I believe to be a roo.

. My other one. Hard to get really good pics with my tablet.

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I've got one lonely lil egg hatching out soon, due tomorrow, usually they come for me on the 19th, but this year i put the incubator in our "cold room" with a more stable temp, so should be more on time... i candled and i see it moving around starting the process, may be pipped by tonight, to hatch tomorrow... then i gotta pick up friends for it at work if our shipment came in... PO has been TERRIBLE this year... lost probably 100 chicks because of rough handling and late arrival.. last i heard we were supposed to have had a shipment mon... i think they said they hopefully would get there by wed :z if they even got there...

Hello everyone, I set my first set on Feb. 22, and just went into (semi) lockdown lastnight but I have a second set that I will have to hand turn because I only have one bator. I can't wait until Saturday..... our eggs are a wide mix of breeds, so it will be fun to see what they look like once they start feathering. I have two roosters a Russian Orloff and one of his offspring that is a mix. My hens are Red Star, SLW, Ameracauna, Russian Orloff, Black Austalorp, BR, SS, Salmon Faverolle, White Silkie, Crested Polish and some mutts. I just love my girls and this is worse than waiting on Christmas.
ya.gif
I keep looking at the eggs as if I can will them to hatch.... lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom