marek infection?

thanks for your advice, i will try.
I hope it's just a nutritional deficiency, even though that would mean that the grain nutrition from my area have been severely damaged by drought.
if it's disease, and it's that infection, i can kiss goodbye my idea of "not depending on stores" as the only way to avoid such terrible outcomes, would be to buy baby chicks. they only cost less than a dollar each, and are vaccinated, but that would be not being independent. I'd say in the end is best to not be independent and eat, than be free and starve. but that's my take.
the grains are indeed deficient somewhat, because if you do the math on my feed, it works out to be around 15% protein, on paper, yet, if i don't add that concentrate flour, my hens don't lay and look scawny and remain so at moult, hence this suggests protein level is measurably less than it should be.
600g of 60% protein is like 360g of protein, added to roughly 10kg, is an additional 3.6%. if my base was indeed, 15% it'd become 18.5%, but to me it looks more like the overall is 16% or even slight less. but obviously, i cannot tell without analysis.I know for sure that is better a little bit more protein than less. hens have 90% properly moulted, unlike when i didn't put any.

this could be a fit for my chicken's illness.
https://www.msdvetmanual.com/poultry/avian-encephalomyelitis/avian-encephalomyelitis
of the two left, the one that was fine, is still fine. the other that is sick, is still sick, it did eat some of the yolk but no improvements. also i am sorry i did not say that the feed also has 1% calcium, but this is a special calcium that has vitamins in it, and has B2 in it.
Riboflavin deficiency can take anywhere from a few weeks, to even a month too treat completely. I had 2 chickens that came down with Riboflavin Deficiency one, after the other. First couldn't use both feet, & worst off then the second which had only one foot effected.

Back
Top Bottom