Mare's Illegal Cute-ness (Call Duck) Chat Thread!!

Still just shadowing going on along the lower edge of the air cells in all 4 eggs (other two are a few days behind). It doesn't look like any have internally pipped. I haven't taken the eggs out, just from what I can tell through the glass. Today is the start of Day 26. I technically put them in March 7th in the evening so I counted March 8 as day 1. Do I do anything? Just wait? I am nervous. A month or so ago I had d'uccle bantam eggs in there. Only one made it to lockdown and shadowed a bunch and then died. Not sure when or if I should have intervened.

Still just shadowing going on along the lower edge of the air cells in all 4 eggs (other two are a few days behind). It doesn't look like any have internally pipped. I haven't taken the eggs out, just from what I can tell through the glass. Today is the start of Day 26. I technically put them in March 7th in the evening so I counted March 8 as day 1. Do I do anything? Just wait? I am nervous. A month or so ago I had d'uccle bantam eggs in there. Only one made it to lockdown and shadowed a bunch and then died. Not sure when or if I should have intervened.
Just wait. Keep watching for now. Feel free to take them out if that allows you to candle better.

Yes... up until now its fun to watch the grow. Now its worry and uncertainty about how or when to help. I have never assisted before:confused:. Hoping I don't have to, but will if I need to. Just don't know when that time is!!
Make sure you candle them all good halfway through the day today. Take them out and check them for pipping. Hold them to your ear and listen. Gently tap the air cell end and then listen. Mark any that have internally pipped with a day/time. Give them about 24 hours (@shawluvsbirds am I right here?) to make an external pip.

Back
Top Bottom