Mark from Western Australia

MWSIFarm

Chirping
Feb 22, 2022
Western AUS. SW Region
Hi Guys just introducing myself,

Im mark from Western Australia. Me and my Fiancee have moved out to my family farm that we run with my dad and cousin (Orchards) and now finally have alot more space to become more self sustainable.

I have a little dealing with chickens before but only a few egg layers when I was a kid. Have never bred or known anything about breeds or anything so ive popped on here a few times just to read and found its a pretty cool little community here and want to get involved.

We have a nice coop with a large run that I'm converting into a vegetable growing area and using some pens and fences to let the chickens work in them while no plants are going in the off seasons.

We have 2 4 month old Silkie Roosters (Jules and Vincent) (we are picking up some hens from another family on Friday(For pets/Mothering and foraging)) and plans to have some Rhode Isalnd Reds for eggs and meat.

Cant wait to breed up our numbers and get things cranking. Nice to know there is a good place for advice and to talk about them as my workplace is getting tired of me tell them what my roosters doe every day!

Back
Top Bottom