Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

Quote:
Do they have the 'incubator' going in the barn again this year? I thought that was the coolest thing ever last year....totally plexiglass w/every kind of poultry egg you could imagine in there in all different stages of hatching.

Quote:
They have this same thing in the poultry building at the State Fair of WV (which is this week BTW). Those ducklings are a
woot.gif
They look like they are in a race to get back up the plank to do it all over again
love.gif

Majestic Lane Poultry wrote: "When would be a good time to see the poultry and watch a demonstration from you?"

Anytime the fair is open (except for the judging on Monday at 5:30) is a good time to see the poultry. Check their site, http://jeffersoncountyfairwv.org/ for times and dates.
As far as my demos., I'll be there at my booth, Mon - Sat each afternoon till closing. Between demos., I'll be building poultry carriers to sell, so it is almost like one continuous demo.
lol.png
I used to teach woodworking and I just can't get it out of my system. Just introduce yourself as a backyardchicken person and I will try to answer any of your questions. The reason I try to have demos at intervals (I will post a sign, telling the time of the next demo), is to draw a small group. It is more interactive and effective to speak to a group, than to be a carnival barker, that is shouting to a passer-by.

Orpy gal wrote: "Do they have the 'incubator' going in the barn again this year? I thought that was the coolest thing ever last year....totally plexiglass w/every kind of poultry egg you could imagine in there in all different stages of hatching."

Yes they do. They have a great variety of eggs, too. It is amazing to watch. The little guys are exhausted when they finally get out of their shells. They look like they are dead and you have to look to see that they are still breathing. Mother nature provides some great drama! Also, the guy who runs the show, Brian Cather, a veterinarian in northern Virginia, is the best and can answer your questions.

My wish list:

Silkie pullet/hen

Wynandotte hen

Serama hen/rooster ????? (still working on convincing my husband that we really need those!)

Also curious if there will be any russian orloffs attending?

Thanks
big_smile.png

Serama hen/rooster ????? (still working on convincing my husband that we really need those!)

LOL maybe if you tell your husband the serama would be for him
wink.png
and if that works...

I have one for sale nice type. He's a mahagony mottled closing in on a year old.​

Quote:
LOL maybe if you tell your husband the serama would be for him
wink.png
and if that works...

I have one for sale nice type. He's a mahagony mottled closing in on a year old.

I also have a Mahagony black mottled cockerel I was thinking about bringing! He's about 3-4 months old now (I have to actually count up on a calander later)

Back
Top Bottom