Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market October 1st 9-3 SHARPSBURG

Quote:
I didnt see any specific tables with baked goods or really any produce of any kind

I plan on setting up a table of chicken themed crafts. Anything in particular you guys would like to see (and by see I mean have)? Always like requests.

The June swap had Maggie selling goat's milk soap and Ivy Hill Farm was selling canned goods (jams, jellies, pumpkin/apple butter, hot sauces, ect.). Otherwise, no. There wasn't any produce or anything like that. I'd love to see some there this time. It's not easy finding heirloom produce around here.

I am hoping the swap will grow and be home to anything farm related. Those of us interested in poultry are also interested in gardening stuff, fresh produce, other types of livestock, etc. It's a great way to keep things local and join forces for a larger event. That idea has been growing and I am hoping to see more of it this Fall... though probably not produce. Most of that will be out of season. So, the flyers are great in feed stores but, also can go in general areas like gas stations, antique malls, really anywhere there is a billboard. I just love to see used anything at the swaps. That's mostly how I shop anymore. Used means didn't work out for them but could be perfect for me and at a fraction of the price
wink.png

We are getting 1-3 people PER DAY "liking" our Facebook page and I am still getting folks every other day wanting to be on my mailing list for the newsletter (different people) I am up to 236 recipients for the newsletter so.. that's fantastic news. Those folks receive news about upcoming poultry related events as well as "tips to beat the heat in your coop" and other useful info according to the season. This Fall we may discuss mite/lice treatment and prevention.

One thing is for sure, this area has a fast growing poultry community and I am glad we are all here to support their needs and supply them with much appreciated chickens!!
lol.png

I'm looking for 4 Dominique pullets 2-4 months old. Does anyone have any available for sale? Thanks.

I haven't seen an official "list" yet, but this is what I currently have and will be bringing if I don't sell before hand:

20 wk old rhode island reds and white rocks pullets-most look like they will begin laying at any time
8 wk old rhode island reds, barred rocks and golden comets pullets
10 wk old welsummer rooster-only 1 left

I may also have some black copper marans, and guineas...currently hatching royal purple, coral blue and grays....don't know how long they will continue to lay at this point

I am willing to sell now to make room in my coops, so please pm me if you are interested now...

Thanks everyone!

To add to the list of "what I'm bringing"

I will be bringing unless someone buys before hand:
4 Barred Rock Roosters, very nice ones- 5 months old now
Blue and black Orp pullets and roosters- 16 wks now
4 RIR Bantam roosters- 5 months old now Will give these away if someone wants them now!!!
Orp chicks and maybe mixed chicks - have 4 broody hens that hid away their eggs while we were busy at the fair, so if they hatch, I will be bringing them also.

Back
Top Bottom