Masa

cassie

Free Ranging
15 Years
Mar 19, 2009
I ended up with five pounds of masa. I have no idea what to do with it. I know it is used for tortillas and tamales, but I will not be making either of them. I was thinking about muffins. Could I substitute masa for part of the flour? Does someone have a good muffin recipe? I like my cornmeal muffins a little on the sweeter side, like the cornbread they serve at Marie Callendars (sp). Anybody have a recipe or any suggestions? As I said I have five pounds of the stuff and I have never used it in my life. Any comments, suggestions, or recipes would be welcome.

I ended up with five pounds of masa. I have no idea what to do with it. I know it is used for tortillas and tamales, but I will not be making either of them. I was thinking about muffins. Could I substitute masa for part of the flour? Does someone have a good muffin recipe? I like my cornmeal muffins a little on the sweeter side, like the cornbread they serve at Marie Callendars (sp). Anybody have a recipe or any suggestions? As I said I have five pounds of the stuff and I have never used it in my life. Any comments, suggestions, or recipes would be welcome.
Is it dry or prepared? You can use it just as you would any other cornmeal. Try looking up Marie calenders cornbread copycat recipe.
My secret to yummy miost cornbread is to add a box of instant pudding to my mixture just before spooning into muffin tins.
Vanilla or even lemon are good.
Maybe a little extra water if it makes your mix to dry or stiff.
Give it a try.
Sounds very....Midwestern....I think I have that recipe from my grandma somewhere, actually.🤔

Thank you everyone. My masa is dried. It is in a bag like flour comes in. I will try the instant pudding. That ought to sweeten it up. I will also check out King Arthur and also see if I can google the recipe for Marie Callander's (sp) cornbread. Unlike my mother I was never a cornbread fan, but I do like Marie's. I also like muffins. Between your suggestions, King Arthur, and google, I ought to be able to come up with something edible.

Back
Top Bottom