Massachusetts; looking for Orpington's and Silkies!

FeelingSouthern

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 3, 2013
Just beginning my coop and I am BEYOND excited! I'm looking for four Orpington's (preferably different colors; blue, black, buff and white) and a black Silkie. I've read about the Orpington's being fabulous layers and also okay in a colder climate. We have an indoor coop that will stay nice and cozy in the winter and cool in the summer! These babies will be SPOILED ROTTEN! I'm in Massachusetts and want to find reputable chicken owners to get my babies from. Only looking for hens, no roosters, so sexed chicks are a must! We already have sheep that the neighbor's weren't to thrilled about. Please help a new chicken lady out! :)

If you want definite sexed chicks you will have to get them from a hatchery. No breeders I know of sex their chicks, and no one can sex silkies. Well, MyPetChicken claims they can but I don't know how accurate they are. I have Faverolles and can tell by 7-10 days what I have but that is an exception.

McMurray has white and buff Orpingtons but no blues; Meyer has buff and blue (and as a result black and splash) but no whites. MyPetChicken can ship small numbers, and has a very, very limited number of buff and blue Orpingtons and silkies. Buff chicks are $5 each sexed, blue are $20 sexed. They MAY have black silkies at some point, supposedly sexed for $12 each.

Quote: I usually have a few more.
wink.png

Oh yes! Will you be at the poultry show? My coop is under construction at the moment. Scraping old chicken poop is like jackhammering cement! So far I'm working on a paint job, washing the floor with vinegar and water and trying to disinfect for my new little ones. I probably won't be ready for chickies for another week and a half.

Back
Top Bottom