Massive Feather Loss Help :(

BirdNerd101

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 11, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
i noticed that my duck has lost all of her fathers on her rear, and it is red and scabbed, no bleeding. i have sperated her from the group and given her water to drink not bathe in and food. will she be alright? what is wrong? please help. i was thinking she could have got stuck in the swimming pool and then they fell out.Thnank you

The wound looks like it's been pecked or severely picked on. I am no expert but I catch the chickens and the more mature ducks "Pekins" especially bullying the younger ducks and pulling out their feathers usually due to food aggression. I would treat her and let her heal and upon returning her with the other ducks give her a chance to get reacquainted by separating her in a cage in the run. Keep an eye on the others for displays of aggression especially after a few days in the cage when u let her out. I would devote a few hour of watching her just to make sure she doesn't get reinjured. Sorry I am no help.

How do i treat her? Do you think she will live? Also like i thought that she got stuck in the pool and they fell out, there were lots of feathers in the pool

Maybe she got attacked in the pool. Post this in emergencies, treatments and cures that way a duck expert can tell u exactly what to do to get your girl back up and running. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom