Max. number of hens you have fit in eagle cube?

Eglu Cube looks to be about 3' x 3'.....not including nest area.
I wouldn't keep more than 2 standard, or 3 maybe 4 bantams.
There isn't even a roost in there at all?! SHM.

Typical premade coop, too small, over estimation of population.
Free ranging doesn't count for skimping on coop space.... unless you live where it never rains or snows and there's no predators ever.

Boy, they sure are cute tho....kinda remind me of the early apple computers.

As usual, lots of comments from people that do not actually OWN a Cube!!! Thank you for sharing your comments but everyone who seems to own a Cube absolutely loves them! I am looking for comments from people who actually OWN the Eglu Cube and can share how many hens fit comfortably in their coop. My chickens are never "confined" so it is not an issue. If for some reason I can not be there to let them out someday than arrangements have been premade to let the hens out. I would not trade my Eglu Cube for anything and I have had the top end Horizon wood coop with wheels and walk in, a 12 x 12 wooden shed coop, and the Eglue Cube. The Cube is hands down the best. Again, thank for sharing but as I originally posted...I am seeking comments from actual Eglu Cube owners.

I will also add...the comment that only 4 bantams can fit is so laughable!!! Anyone that actually owns a Cube knows that 4 bantams take up about 1/16 of the roost area!!! LOL

Well, then maybe you should pm some of these people in the BYC threads and ask them what they think. Surely some of them must still be active members.
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=eglu+cube

Last edited:
Hi, I've owned three Eglu Go coops for five plus years now. I recently ordered a Cube. I know six, full size hens, will fit comfortably in the cube. I wouldn't push it further than that. My girls are in excellent health and look fantastic. That being said, with three Eglu Go houses all six of my current girls sleep in one, when they aren't roosting gin their walk in run. We are actually pulling down the run (currently 9x15' and 10' high) in favor or the 3m Eglu Cube and run. The girls still have a lower yard that is there's to free range and access to the entire yard/garden for fall and winter. They simply want to be together so we'll get them the cube and use one Go as a hospital and the other two will be sold.

For those that don't understand the Eglu roost system, it's just that you haven't seen it in action. They go up, into their coop, where there are slats to roost. They are bars, just the same as if you put wood slats such as in more traditional wood coops. The difference is the level of cleanliness. Plastic roosting bars can be pressure washed. I have no mites or pests in five years of chicken ownership. The roosts and the entire coops, in and out, can be pressure washed and there is no wood soaking up nastiness or needing to be stained or treated for termites or mites. It's a truly unique way to keep a SMALL flock in a backyard in a clean manner.

Back
Top Bottom