MAY Hatch-Along!!!! Let's do this!!!

Oh i am hatching duckies soon and was going to get call and pekin eggs from ebay! From what dealer did you get your call eggs from?
I have actually bought from a couple different people on ebay with not much luck. I will be candling my first group that I have confidence with (look like great eggs) and they are from duckhousedogs.

woot.gif

That's what I thought too. Everything I read said anywhere between 55% and 75% for incubation, and from 75% up to 98% (yikes!) for hatching. We live in a pretty dry climate, so I had to tape a few of the holes in the top of my incubator just to keep the humidity at 55%. Why oh why is there so much conflicting information about hatching call ducks?!
barnie.gif
What did you end up doing with your call duck humidty? Did you mist? Did you hand turn or auto turn?

Well, I technically started on the 1st of june, but my eggs are on day 22 and when I went to check on the temp in the bator, I saw an egg rocking back and forth like there was a party going on in there! woo hoo!

What did you end up doing with your call duck humidty? Did you mist? Did you hand turn or auto turn?

I did 55% humidity for incubation and tried to get it as high as I could for hatching - about 75% to 80% was all I could do. I did mist them starting on day 7, but next time I think I will wait until day 10. And I hand turned them 3 times a day.

I did 55% humidity for incubation and tried to get it as high as I could for hatching - about 75% to 80% was all I could do. I did mist them starting on day 7, but next time I think I will wait until day 10. And I hand turned them 3 times a day.
thank you! How many times a day did you mist?

I just got back. My eggs are supposed to hatch tomorrow and I came back to 6 ducklings. I will try to get some pics tomorrow morning.

I just got back. My eggs are supposed to hatch tomorrow and I came back to 6 ducklings. I will try to get some pics tomorrow morning.
Awesome!!!
wee.gif

Here are a few better pictures of our seven. Let me know what you think on color as I really don't have a clue.

Here is the Blue or Silver one. I really like its little dark spots on its rear end.

Here is the chocolate one.

These two I am pretty sure are Grays.

And here are the two possible magpies (left and right) and the black bibbed one (looking away in the center).

Little ducks are hard to photograph!

Back
Top Bottom