May hatch along :)

Lockdown yesterday...4/4 Hona's...one severly saddled.
fl.gif

and one Swedish Flower! Due Tuesday....Woot Woot! Come on baby girls are needed! I have a flock of cocks right now!!!

I would try some Poly Vi Sol (Childrens vitamins...W/O IRON) and see if that doesn't help her. It may be somethingas simple as a vitamin/mineral deficiency or it could be disease or defect. Hard to tell.

Start with the vitamins and see if that helps.
Thanks I did show internet search and its called Stargazing, which is what we are calling her. Its a vitamin B defienciecy and they recommended a little Brewers Yeast. Gave her a little over her food and she has already showed signs of improvement. Holds her head up better and is eating and drinking better too. Thou when shes tired she has a little issue but manages to lay down after a moment. My folks came by for weekend and they have a Newfoundland Female, she stayed laying by the chick the entire time. Would even stick her head in box if she chirped too long. Acted like a mother hen to the chick. So very cute.

Thanks I did show internet search and its called Stargazing, which is what we are calling her. Its a vitamin B defienciecy and they recommended a little Brewers Yeast. Gave her a little over her food and she has already showed signs of improvement. Holds her head up better and is eating and drinking better too. Thou when shes tired she has a little issue but manages to lay down after a moment. My folks came by for weekend and they have a Newfoundland Female, she stayed laying by the chick the entire time. Would even stick her head in box if she chirped too long. Acted like a mother hen to the chick. So very cute.
Okay - Good! I thought when you said she has an "issue holding her head straight up" it meant it was drooping...not arched back looking at the sky. Glad to hear you are all set with the little chick. Sucks when they are ill!
clap.gif

Congrats to all the new fluffy babies!!

Day14
I candled my eggs today. Getting excited 1 week to go.
6 shipped Lav Orp. 1 clear 1 blood ring 1 quit
6 EE mix all heathly (from my EE)
5 mix 1 clear 1 was a bouble yok that quit.

I found out my own eggs have a better hatch rate than buying eggs from a local breeder or shipped eggs.

Congrats to all the new fluffy babies!!

Day14
I candled my eggs today. Getting excited 1 week to go.
6 shipped Lav Orp. 1 clear 1 blood ring 1 quit
6 EE mix all heathly (from my EE)
5 mix 1 clear 1 was a bouble yok that quit.

I found out my own eggs have a better hatch rate than buying eggs from a local breeder or shipped eggs.
I have the same luck with the shipped eggs....except for the ones that leave on saturday! Don't be too discouraged.

I have the same luck with the shipped eggs....except for the ones that leave on saturday! Don't be too discouraged.
And to top it off, the air cells are detached and shaddle shape. Not sure how to set the on lock down. Do i lay themnon thwir side or put them in an egg carton?

And to top it off, the air cells are detached and shaddle shape. Not sure how to set the on lock down. Do i lay themnon thwir side or put them in an egg carton?
That's up to you...saddle are very hard to hatch. I have done them both ways. Supposedly if you set them up in a carton it makes them easier to hatch...just cut the bottoms out so they can properly verntilate.

Back
Top Bottom